MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
McMaster ER will be Children-only as of April 4th J-Met MacInsiders Announcements 1 03-30-2011 01:57 PM
April 30th Keenu General Discussion 3 04-28-2010 11:44 AM
MES April Fools! aaront General Discussion 6 04-01-2010 03:46 PM
DBAC-April 3rd watkinson Athletics & Recreation 1 03-21-2010 09:59 AM
April Exams Melanieee Academics 2 12-26-2009 07:52 PM

April Fools

Old 04-01-2011 at 10:20 AM   #1
Deegs14
Cogito, ergo sum

Liked: 156 Times

April Fools
I though it would be a good idea to post all the hiliarious April Fools Day pranks we see around the Internet and real life.
I'll start.
First one if from Google - I thought it was great

The second one I found comes from a website called IGN. It will may look like the video is stuck at one point during it, I don't know if it was my crappy computer though.

Honestly, I think this could actually make a pretty good television show XD

Feel free to post your own findings

Mikob11 says thanks to Deegs14 for this post.
Old 04-01-2011 at 10:48 AM   #2
ikantsepll
J's Prince

Liked: 607 Times

OMG GUYS TOSHIBA JUST UNVEILED ITS ONE-EYED 3D MONOCLE!!

Old 04-01-2011 at 10:56 AM   #3
ikantsepll
J's Prince

ThinkGeek also has a slew of fake products. My favorite:

Edible Gummy iPhone Cases!!

Old 04-01-2011 at 10:57 AM   #4
SciMania
Elite Member

Liked: 74 Times

LOL totally fell for the google one when i saw it this morning. I thought the whole idea (of gmail motion) was stupid nonetheless but had to try to download it.
Old 04-01-2011 at 11:06 AM   #5
ikantsepll
J's Prince

Branson buys Pluto, reinstates as planet.

Personally, I hope he succeeds. Don't we all miss Pluto?

aya017, britb, Tailsnake like this.
Old 04-01-2011 at 11:15 AM   #6
marcie

Liked: 119 Times

One year ago, Mr Hatala told our chem class (very convincingly... he prepared a power point slide and everything) that the registrar had to move our final exam from the end of April to the beginning of the exam period.. like one week away.

Everyone fell for it, no one was prepared, chaos ensued... it was amazing and cruel.

The final slide on his powerpoint was something like, "If you have any concerns, please contact [email protected] ca"

Didn't get pranked this year though! :(

Old 04-01-2011 at 11:18 AM   #7
ikantsepll
J's Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcie View Post
One year ago, Mr Hatala told our chem class (very convincingly... he prepared a power point slide and everything) that the registrar had to move our final exam from the end of April to the beginning of the exam period.. like one week away.

Everyone fell for it, no one was prepared, chaos ensued... it was amazing and cruel.

The final slide on his powerpoint was something like, "If you have any concerns, please contact [email protected] ca"

BAHAHAHA I remember this. Chaos ensued in that lecture hall for a good full minute.

I miss Hatala
Old 04-01-2011 at 11:19 AM   #8
crazyfree
Elite Member

Liked: 284 Times

Quote:

I remember being really upset when I found out it was a joke because the chem exam was right next to two of my other exams, so it being sooner had actually, for a brief few moments, relived my stress immensely. The crushing disappointment was horrible :(

mcmastergcdb likes this.
Old 04-01-2011 at 11:36 AM   #9
Faer
Elite Member

Liked: 338 Times

I WANNA WATCH THE AURORS.

It's a pretty cruel joke to HP fans.

MirandaC likes this.
Old 04-01-2011 at 11:43 AM   #10
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:

That was so funny, ahhhhh i have no april fools classes today (that i attend)
Old 04-01-2011 at 11:48 AM   #11
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

Quote:

That was a fantastic day. I wish I recorded it. :(
Old 04-01-2011 at 11:49 AM   #12
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:

Haha I remember this! Probably the most cruel April Fool's prank yet, but hilarious nonetheless! I wonder if Dr. Zhorov will pull some tiger-related prank on us ...
Far-ID, you're having way too much fun with April Fool's
As much as I like April fool's as much as I wish it didn't exist. One of my friends put up a picture with her bf and a ring saying she's engaged. It makes sense since they've been together forever, but .. congratulate her or is it a joke..

alh24 likes this.
Old 04-01-2011 at 11:54 AM   #13
ikantsepll
J's Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
Haha I remember this! Probably the most cruel April Fool's prank yet, but hilarious nonetheless! I wonder if Dr. Zhorov will pull some tiger-related prank on us ...
Far-ID, you're having way too much fun with April Fool's
As much as I like April fool's as much as I wish it didn't exist. One of my friends put up a picture with her bf and a ring saying she's engaged. It makes sense since they've been together forever, but .. congratulate her or is it a joke..
Sara, WILL YOU MARRY ME?

Old 04-01-2011 at 12:04 PM   #14
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikantsepll View Post
Sara, WILL YOU MARRY ME?

Sorry to disappoint Sara, I guess this is Farid's April Fools. He's only into Asians. :(

alh24, ikantsepll, ~*Sara*~ like this.
Old 04-01-2011 at 12:23 PM   #15
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

Figured this was how auto-complete always worked