MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
McMaster ER will be Children-only as of April 4th J-Met MacInsiders Announcements 1 03-30-2011 01:57 PM
April 30th Keenu General Discussion 3 04-28-2010 11:44 AM
MES April Fools! aaront General Discussion 6 04-01-2010 03:46 PM
DBAC-April 3rd watkinson Athletics & Recreation 1 03-21-2010 09:59 AM
April Exams Melanieee Academics 2 12-26-2009 07:52 PM

April Fools

Old 04-01-2011 at 09:31 PM   #31
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikantsepll View Post
Speaking of professors pranking students...

(completely different kind of "prank" but gotta love the video editing)

awwwwwwwwwwwwsome

ThagsanaR likes this.
Old 04-01-2011 at 09:44 PM   #32
alh24
Elite Member

Liked: 243 Times

I have blood tests done every couple of months, and my doctor refills a medication prescription based on the results of said tests. My test was last week, and my doctor's appointment was yesterday (EDIT: Wednesday).

My doctor told me I'm pregnant. When I made a noise I can only explain as a cross between "what?!" and a cough, he nonchalantly said "nah, I'm just getting ahead of the April Fools game. Results look good, I'll write you another 'scrip."

Terrifying, but hilarious.

Last edited by alh24 : 04-01-2011 at 09:48 PM.
Old 04-01-2011 at 09:53 PM   #33
Faer
Elite Member

Liked: 338 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLN View Post
Oh by the way. Who else got a cheque receipt from MACLAB: McMaster Laboratory Advancement Benefaction Fund for $50?

How did I donate $50 without knowing?
My brother got one...we were just as surprised. I think it's a sort of default they collect...? I dunno, we thought it might be an engineering thing, but really no idea.
Old 04-01-2011 at 09:55 PM   #34
PHLN
Oink! Oink! Oink! Oink!

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh24 View Post
I have blood tests done every couple of months, and my doctor refills a medication prescription based on the results of said tests. My test was last week, and my doctor's appointment was yesterday (EDIT: Wednesday).

My doctor told me I'm pregnant. When I made a noise I can only explain as a cross between "what?!" and a cough, he nonchalantly said "nah, I'm just getting ahead of the April Fools game. Results look good, I'll write you another 'scrip."

Terrifying, but hilarious.
I don't think pregnant jokes are funny at all. I'm usually very childish on MI but damn, I am being 101% serious about this.

Any jokes about pregnancy is not funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faer View Post
My brother got one...we were just as surprised. I think it's a sort of default they collect...? I dunno, we thought it might be an engineering thing, but really no idea.
I feel violated.

I don't remember agreeing to this donation. They would have got away with it if they didn't send me a thank you note just to taunt me.

$50 is a week grocery darn it!
Old 04-01-2011 at 09:59 PM   #35
alh24
Elite Member

Quote:
I don't think pregnant jokes are funny at all. I'm usually very childish on MI but damn, I am being 101% serious about this.

I was terrified, then a little irritated, then I thought it was funny. He's been my doctor for a really long time and he plays golf with my Dad, so I see him pretty often. I think he assumes he knows me well enough to know I wouldn't throw a fit.

He said "I never get to play April Fools' jokes at work without the risk of a lawsuit, so when I saw that you were in today I thought, 'here's my chance!'"

He's peculiar, but awesome.

Entropy, ~*Sara*~ like this.
Old 04-01-2011 at 10:02 PM   #36
PHLN
Oink! Oink! Oink! Oink!

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh24 View Post
I was terrified, then a little irritated, then I thought it was funny. He's been my doctor for a really long time and he plays golf with my Dad, so I see him pretty often. I think he assumes he knows me well enough to know I wouldn't throw a fit.

He said "I never get to play April Fools' jokes at work without the risk of a lawsuit, so when I saw that you were in today I thought, 'here's my chance!'"

He's peculiar, but awesome.
I think some sort of blood disorder would be more appropriate. I mean if I was a doctor, I would love to tell everyone that they have cancer, just so that they can "beat" it.
Old 04-01-2011 at 10:03 PM   #37
alh24
Elite Member

Quote:
I think some sort of blood disorder would be more appropriate. I mean if I was a doctor, I would love to tell everyone that they have cancer, just so that they can "beat" it.
That one wouldn't have gone over so well because I've had it before. I would have been genuinely livid, haha.
Old 04-01-2011 at 10:27 PM   #38
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

Quote:

*checks timestamp of post*

*checks timestamp in Chat*

Heh, I actually didn't see this post until after I said that. Oops. >.>

Edit: For reference,

So yes Adelle, you would have.

Last edited by Entropy : 04-01-2011 at 10:35 PM.

alh24 says thanks to Entropy for this post.

alh24, ikantsepll like this.
Old 04-01-2011 at 10:29 PM   #39
alh24
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
*checks timestamp in Chat*

Heh, I actually didn't see this post until after I said that. Oops. >.>
Would I understand this better if I ever stayed in the Chat for longer than half a second?
Old 04-01-2011 at 10:33 PM   #40
anon491
Professional Fangirl

Liked: 452 Times

Professor Quinn trolled our class today by telling us we have to read an additional 5 chapters for the exam. lollll. I just love that everyone took it so seriously and you could feel the depression in the room XD
Old 04-01-2011 at 10:41 PM   #41
RememberTwce
Memento Mori

Liked: 878 Times

Good thing I don't go to Bio anymore

4chanrules, Faer, RyanC like this.
Old 04-01-2011 at 10:42 PM   #42
marcie

Liked: 119 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooburii View Post
Professor Quinn trolled our class today by telling us we have to read an additional 5 chapters for the exam. lollll. I just love that everyone took it so seriously and you could feel the depression in the room XD
Haha aww Dr Quinn <3 Last year he dyed his hair green. Not for April Fools, but as an incentive to get our class to donate money to a charity.. we got to choose the colour. It was neat.

Why can't 2nd year profs be this awesome??

edit: minus capretta who is also awesome.

Last edited by marcie : 04-01-2011 at 10:50 PM.
Old 04-01-2011 at 10:55 PM   #43
Faer
Elite Member

Liked: 338 Times

Why Did I Get Kolasa @!%$&!!
Old 04-01-2011 at 11:05 PM   #44
crazyfree
Elite Member

Liked: 284 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcie View Post
Haha aww Dr Quinn <3 Last year he dyed his hair green. Not for April Fools, but as an incentive to get our class to donate money to a charity.. we got to choose the colour. It was neat.

Why can't 2nd year profs be this awesome??

edit: minus capretta who is also awesome.
Your sig contains my childhood nightmares

marcie likes this.
Old 04-01-2011 at 11:26 PM   #45
RememberTwce
Memento Mori

Liked: 878 Times

Last edited by RememberTwce : 04-01-2011 at 11:31 PM.

crazyfree, marcie, ThagsanaR like this.