MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Review Review Starter Category Comments Last Post
History 1AA3 kokosas 1st Year Course Reviews 13 04-10-2013 03:44 PM
Dropping Classics, History 1A03, History 1AA3 or Poli Sci 1G06? Tallee Academics 2 08-21-2010 12:17 AM
Art History 1AA3 blog savannah123 Academics 4 02-04-2010 12:26 PM
Art History 1AA3 MKelly Academics 0 06-22-2009 02:57 PM
art history 1aa3 shleyaa Academics 3 12-22-2008 01:14 PM

Art History 1AA3

Old 06-12-2010 at 01:47 AM   #16
kunaltandan
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 4 Times

Art History 1AA3
If you love learning about art, artists, the culture during that time, and the influence of people on art, then this course is for you. It's pretty straightforward, such that, it follows a literal timeline, starting from Archaic and ending on whatever you're on, in the last few classes.
Click here to read the entire review
Old 01-05-2012 at 05:28 PM   #15
lea20

Liked: 0 Times
Has anyone ever had katilin patterson as their prof for ART HISTORY 1AA3? Also, what is the diificulty level of this course for those who have taken it within recent years?
Old 04-29-2012 at 08:50 PM   #16
romanoca

very easy to do well in if you go to every lecture. Everything the prof says about each painting is bascially everything you will need for the exam. Although you do learn various terms in these lectures i found we were never tested on them , we were tested more so on PEOPLE that the prof spoke about and like little things that they did (ex- who was the first person to enforce the gothic style of architecture etc.) other than that is was very important to know details of paintings and reasoning for certain elements in paintings (ex- a dog on a bed is symbolic of infidelity) etc etc. and the essay was super easy! its an analysis of a painting of your choice that you pic from the mac art museum. (however i went to my T.A. to double check that the things i wanted to discuss were ok etc.) I think seeing T.A's for this essay is a very good idea because it turned out that half the things i wanted to talk about he thought didnt suit my painting i chose and he also gave me great ideas that i ended up using in my final paper i finished this course overal with an 82%...it could have been better howver it was the multiple choice on the exams that killed me because i was focusing more on terms we learned and i studied nothing about the artists so i had to guess a lot of multiple choice but the essay questions were given in advance and it helps so much if you prepare your answers in advance (and seeing a T.A as well if you need more help
Old 08-21-2012 at 04:51 PM   #17
ezcko

Liked: 1 Time
definitely interested in this course and the fact that its mostly all about memorization is icing-on-the-cake.
Old 12-21-2012 at 01:58 PM   #18
Ever

what is the exam like for this class? is it all MC? or are there essays and short answers?
Old 06-10-2013 at 09:18 PM   #19
Quinn

Liked: Liked 6 Times
I’m taking this in summer term with Prof Mckay and it’s fairly easy.
We have little in class assignments, that are pass or fail basically but the marks for those are easy to get (you basically just need to show up)
There’s a lot of memorizing of terms, not so much with the dates (you just need the approximate era).
There’s one essay with notes about a specific art piece which I felt wasn’t hard (but I’m very into art), and the final test, but the prof put the review of it up online with the questions she will ask.

Also: this course is a good option for summer, the smaller class size allowed us to visit the Mcmaster Museum of Art, and get a really good look at some forms of printmaking.

Also it’s quite fast paced note taking, and everything is important so try not to miss class too much.
Old 06-24-2013 at 07:24 AM   #20
Smatinnia

I'm in first year Social Sciences, am I still able to take this course?
Old 06-24-2013 at 11:16 AM   #21
akikokoyoki
The Welcome Wagon
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 101 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smatinnia View Post
I'm in first year Social Sciences, am I still able to take this course?
Yes you can! You can take this course as an elective since Art History is a Humanities course.
Old 12-19-2014 at 03:45 PM   #22
Sarah123.a

Has anyone taken Art History 1AA3 with McQueen? If you did what did you think about the prof and course? Thanks
Old 01-04-2015 at 04:10 PM   #23
mm99mm

Liked: 4 Times
Can someone answer the question above pleaaaaaaaaaaasssssss ssssssseeeeeee
Old 01-05-2015 at 10:32 PM   #24
r3habn

yeah has anyone taken this course with McQueen?
it says its an online course and still to be announced/scheduled.. but school has started..
Old 01-06-2015 at 06:28 AM   #25
bubellex

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3habn View Post
yeah has anyone taken this course with McQueen?
it says its an online course and still to be announced/scheduled.. but school has started..
I'm signed up for this course too and am a bit confused about how the tutorials work, or if there are any... the course is up on Avenue though and we have things to watch and read.. maybe there is more information on how it all works there
Old 01-06-2015 at 02:00 PM   #26
r3habn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubellex View Post
I'm signed up for this course too and am a bit confused about how the tutorials work, or if there are any... the course is up on Avenue though and we have things to watch and read.. maybe there is more information on how it all works there
do we know if we have tutorials or just everything is online?
Old 01-06-2015 at 03:50 PM   #27
bubellex

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3habn View Post
do we know if we have tutorials or just everything is online?
I think its all online bc on avenue it says the course is taught entirely online
Old 01-09-2015 at 10:30 PM   #28
Kajeevan

Liked: 7 Times
Hey guys. I just added the course, I am wondering if someone can share the course outline with me?

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search