MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
arts and science Awesomeness Academics 1 12-24-2011 10:35 PM
Arts and Science vs. Health Science? ktc11 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 05-18-2010 08:40 AM
Arts and Science (2009) lorend Academics 2 08-05-2009 03:52 PM
Special Programs: Arts & Science Chad Academics 2 08-23-2007 12:25 AM

Arts Science transfer

Old 01-28-2013 at 06:24 PM   #1
AnanC206
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 2 Times

Arts Science transfer
Hi all. I'm writing this because I'm interested in transferring to the arts science program at mac. I'm currently first year life sci, and my marks were okay first term with the exception of chem (C in chem, 8.6 average overall). I've looked for the requirements for transfer students, but I haven't been able to find the minimum mark requirement. If anyone can help, I would be grateful! Also if anyone has any input (don't transfer/do transfer) I would be happy to hear it.
Old 01-28-2013 at 06:26 PM   #2
AnanC206
Account Disabled by User

btw I do realize that arts and science is a difficult program and getting in from high school requires a good average. I know I have a fairly low chance, but am still looking for answers to the min marks required.
Old 01-28-2013 at 06:28 PM   #3
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Your best bet is to talk to an academic advisor. See one from the artsci faculty if you're allowed, if not talk to one in science and they can still probably get the answers for you, as well as talk to you about transferring credits over and whatnot.

AnanC206 says thanks to starfish for this post.

AnanC206 likes this.
Old 01-28-2013 at 08:42 PM   #4
AnanC206
Account Disabled by User

Is there anyone in artsci who would recommend the program? It seems very interesting and I regret not applying in gr 12.
Old 02-04-2013 at 10:45 PM   #5
H2O.

Liked: 0 Times

Transfer here. Switching into artsci is a bit different than transferring into other programs. Given the unique nature of our first year curriculum, you can't just jump into second year (transfers usually end up doing a five-year undergrad, although it's not impossible to do it in four). You have to apply for level 1, meaning (atleast when I applied) they're primarily concerned with a high-school average of 88% and a solid supp app. However, they seem to have changed their policy a bit (see the artsci website) to take into consideration university performance. I'm fairly confident there's no official minimum requirement.

Possible Problem: Supplementary applications were due February 1, so if you're seriously considering the transfer then DEFINITELY schedule a meeting with our administrators to discuss the situation SOON.

I didn't apply in grade 12 either, but I'm really glad I made the switch. Artsci is an easy program to love. That said, remember that you don't need to be in artsci to get an interdisciplinary education that you're passionate about. Hope that helps