MacInsiders Logo
Old 06-14-2010 at 06:35 PM   #1
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Asprart
http://www.asprart.com

Check out my new web design company. Amazing unbeatable prices and quality Please pass on our name to as many people as you know, and feel free to contact us if interested!

Thanks alot
Old 06-14-2010 at 06:39 PM   #2
Bobby66
was offline, but

Liked: 84 Times

you should advertise the other one. . .

Old 06-14-2010 at 08:13 PM   #3
blackdragon
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby66 View Post
you should advertise the other one. . .
Your the founder make another topic for it
Old 06-14-2010 at 08:33 PM   #4
dmzz
Polymath extraordinaire.

Liked: 51 Times

I don't like the spray paint blueish colour. I also don't like the flash design. The portfolio is a little weak, looks like you pasted a bunch of basic HTML code for JIREH.

You still need work if you are considering to be taken professionally. Overall though, not a bad start.

Old 06-14-2010 at 08:38 PM   #5
dmzz
Polymath extraordinaire.

I think mostly my gripe is all your sites look very basic. Don't mix that up with simplistic. Simplicity and a clean design is necessary. I mean it looks like you just threw HTML and a bit of java at it. It doesn't look like a graphic designer "designed" the sites per se. I hope I am getting my point across correctly.

Old 06-14-2010 at 08:44 PM   #6
blackdragon
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmzz View Post
I think mostly my gripe is all your sites look very basic. Don't mix that up with simplistic. Simplicity and a clean design is necessary. I mean it looks like you just threw HTML and a bit of java at it. It doesn't look like a graphic designer "designed" the sites per se. I hope I am getting my point across correctly.

Yup. But its a basic website, at a fraction of the cost compared to local companies. Many start at $599, 699, 799... even 1000. For a simple website that works, asprart.com is the best bang for you buck
Old 06-14-2010 at 08:45 PM   #7
dmzz
Polymath extraordinaire.

Okay I found an example:

Take, for this example, Chad's personal website:
http://www.chadfullerton.com /

You can see that has graphic design experience. The guy knows what he is doing. The site is clean, it is very aesthetically pleasing, and it flows.

Then compare that to: http://www.jirehmachinery.co m/

The latter looks like you pasted a background colour, a few pictures, and then typed in some text.

The difference between the two is what I am trying to get at. It's great you are trying to get started and all, but I don't think you should market as a professional, or as someone with unbeatable quality, because there is a noticable difference to any trained eye.

Just a few comments hoping to get you working towards some goals.

Old 06-14-2010 at 08:47 PM   #8
blackdragon
Elite Member

Yup..

Give us some CC on www.asprart.com. Jireh was not done by both of us, and was a seperate task all together.

Any suggestions for www.asprart.com?
Old 06-14-2010 at 08:47 PM   #9
dmzz
Polymath extraordinaire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdragon View Post
Yup. But its a basic website, at a fraction of the cost compared to local companies. Many start at $599, 699, 799... even 1000. For a simple website that works, asprart.com is the best bang for you buck
Okay, the thing is your personal website looks like that. It looks like something that you could create back in the days of piczo. Like what is with the spray-paint blue colour? That looks so unprofessional. Furthermore you are using that hideous "flash vortex" thing, which I am willing to bet you copy from somewhere, insert it in your page, and insert some text in.

You need work on making it look professional, and not like 1998.

Old 06-14-2010 at 08:50 PM   #10
blackdragon
Elite Member

Quote:
Okay, the thing is your personal website looks like that. It looks like something that you could create back in the days of piczo. Like what is with the spray-paint blue colour? That looks so unprofessional. Furthermore you are using that hideous "flash vortex" thing, which I am willing to bet you copy from somewhere, insert it in your page, and insert some text in.

You need work on making it look professional, and not like 1998.
Lol, you dont have to bet - the link is provided there.

And I can guaruntee the websites chad created sold for close to $1000, maybe more.

I was going to work on the blue a bit more, lets see what I can come up with.

Hows the splash page? suggestions? (I think the "Our Services" and "Our Portfolio" buttons are changing..)
Old 06-14-2010 at 08:53 PM   #11
dmzz
Polymath extraordinaire.

So you are saying that you would rather provide a service that anyone with a copy of dreamweaver can create in a few hours, rather than giving them a real deal, and putting in real effort? You need to have an edge. Offering a website that looks like what you create to a law firm will get you laughed at. Hell offering that to any professional company will.

But, then again, if your goal is to make a website to put a blog on, then maybe you are all a consumer will need. Insert wordpress, rinse, repeat.

Last edited by dmzz : 06-14-2010 at 08:55 PM.
Old 06-14-2010 at 09:00 PM   #12
blackdragon
Elite Member

Quote:
So you are saying that you would rather provide a service that anyone with a copy of dreamweaver can create in a few hours, rather than giving them a real deal, and putting in real effort? You need to have an edge. Offering a website that looks like what you create to a law firm will get you laughed at. Hell offering that to any professional company will.

But, then again, if your goal is to make a website to put a blog on, then maybe you are all a consumer will need. Insert wordpress, rinse, repeat.

Our goal is to provide to local small businesses. Most of web design is actually in the artwork, aka photoshop, and not so much dreamweaver.

So yeah, anyone with a decent grip on photoshop could create their own website. But, most people dont.

thats like saying, anyone who has access to the internet can get rid of a virus. Not always true though, is it
Old 06-14-2010 at 09:09 PM   #13
dmzz
Polymath extraordinaire.

Aesthetically speaking, I prefer rounded corners and a solid design as opposed to tipped corners and text on the page. For example, I would change where your website name is, instead of being on the blank webpage, to give it some kinda border, like a business card. I may also look into putting your two buttons with their own rounded background, maybe closer to the top.

Here is a site as example:http://frontrowcrew.com/

The four main pictures are what I am referring to as having "their own rounded background". I just prefer that to having things pasted directly onto the blank page. Granted, text can be done in that manner, but I would give a clearly defined border, possibly straight, thin edge, like the bottom left. (even though that only has a top border).

Old 06-14-2010 at 09:13 PM   #14
dmzz
Polymath extraordinaire.

Here is another example of a friend I know through a friend, who is a successful designer: http://www.catlee.net/

I especially like the simplicity. That's #1 always for me. Again, not being basic, being simplistic. Simplistic design with a few, solid, pleasing colours is wonderful. If you click on any of the links on her page, it flows very well, and all looks connected. It stays simplistic and professional throughout the site.

That, my friend, is what I believe webdesign should aspire to.

Old 06-14-2010 at 09:15 PM   #15
blackdragon
Elite Member

But if all websites are like that, where the originality? You have to think, just because you like that doesnt mean others do.

For the first website: too blue for me..
Second: i got flash disabled....