MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mmedia 3kk3 (2K03) - information technology concepts Phantom Academics 0 01-05-2012 12:12 AM
Information Technology Building - Help jachill First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 10-26-2008 11:40 PM

B.Tech Computing and Information Technology

Old 01-07-2014 at 08:19 PM   #1
DigitalE

Liked: 0 Times

B.Tech Computing and Information Technology
Hi, I was wondering if there are current students/grads of the Computing and Information Technology stream of B.Tech? How are you finding the program? Have you found that it will benefit you/your career more so than going for straight B.Eng?
Old 01-07-2014 at 08:52 PM   #2
Bhaltair
Elite Member

Liked: 158 Times

I am no a student of B.Tech but I might as well point out some things. From what I have seen, B.Tech is part theory and part hands-on. You'll have an opportunity to do some real world applications unlike that of a B.Eng program. In other words, you'll have a lot more fun being in B.Tech if you're a hands-on person. B.Eng is pure theory and the labs proves the hypothesis and to enforce your understanding of that theory. The majority of B.Tech labs improves your working skills employers are looking for. That's where Mohawk comes in.

However, once you graduate, you will have difficulty holding a title as an engineer. In order to become one, you have to pass series of examinations to prove that you have the same level of understanding as us.

Some managed to get their M.Eng from B.Tech, from there, you can become a professional engineer without taking a series of PEO examinations.

Something to think about in terms of where you want to go. I hope this helps.