MacInsiders Logo
Old 09-06-2008 at 07:33 PM   #1
mandee08

Liked: 1 Time

Is it bad that..
I have all my labs on the same day? I'm a life science student, and on tuesdays I have chem, phys, AND bio lab on the same day. Originally I didnt bother to change the schedule around because I thought the bio labs would be every other week, so I would be fine. But now the bio labs are every week, AND my physics labs are every week.. only my chem labs are EOW.

is this manageable? or will I not have enough time to prepare for them all?
Old 09-06-2008 at 08:17 PM   #2
samantha__
Elite Member

Liked: 9 Times

I would highly advise you not to have them all on the same day.. it will become too much handle. Are they one after the other? I think it'll be hard to prepare for the all. As well, the labs for each are totally different. You should have one day for each, so you can concentrate on one subject at a time

Old 09-06-2008 at 11:27 PM   #3
Reno V

Liked: 38 Times

I personally wouldn't worry about it too much. The way I see it, you'll just have to work a little bit harder in preparation for that day, but can relax a bit later.

When your classes are really dosn't matter all that much, unless you have like 8 hours in a row. You're still gonna have the same workload, and the same amount of hours spent in class regardless of the timings of them.

Take this with a grain of salt. I'm only a first year eng student

My 2c
Old 09-07-2008 at 07:00 AM   #4
samantha__
Elite Member

Well I understand that it MIGHT be a little less work later, but seeing how my bf and roommate and alot of my friends were in science, I saw how tired they would be after having one lab. Do your labs overlap? You might stay late in one and become late for another..

Old 09-07-2008 at 10:25 AM   #5
Cippi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno V View Post
When your classes are really dosn't matter all that much, unless you have like 8 hours in a row.
Which is pretty much what 3 labs a day would entail, at least. I can't even figure out how that's possible from a timetabling perspective - do you have one in the morning, one in the afternoon, and one in the evening or something? They only had 2 possible lab timeslots (morning and afternoon) when I was in first year (with the vast majority being in the afternoon).

I would highly recommend getting this switched. Your brain can feel fried after just one lab in a day, I can't imagine having to do three. They can be a little bit stressful at times.
Old 09-07-2008 at 10:27 AM   #6
samantha__
Elite Member

In addition, for chem and physics, you have pre-lab quizzes you must complete. What if you leave them to the last minute? When will you have time to do them? What if you need to prep for the labs you have?

In other words, ditto what Cippi said. Changee ittttt

Old 09-07-2008 at 05:16 PM   #7
mandee08

thanks everyone, i tried my best.
the only thing i could really do was change my physics lab to another day though.
there are no avaiable time slots on firdays, when i have like only 2 classes for the whole day -_-

before, i had chem lab from 8:30-11:20, physics lab from 12:30- 2:20, physics lecture from 2:30- 3:20, bio tutorial from 3:30- 4:20, and finally bio lab from 4:30- 6:30. AHHH !