MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2010 Quality of Education Assessment lorend MacInsiders Announcements 2 01-13-2010 12:27 PM
MSU 2009 Quality of Education Assessment temara.brown MacInsiders Announcements 2 02-28-2009 10:33 AM
Google Video and YouTube tags added Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 10-14-2006 05:43 PM

bad youtube video quality!

Old 02-21-2011 at 04:37 PM   #1
epikness

Liked: 37 Times

bad youtube video quality!
hi
i m not sure if this is the right thread to post this, so my apologies.

i purchased a Toshiba laptop from titles last september. I havent had any problems with it whatsoever, but recently everytime i want to watch something on youtube, the video is blurry (like in the pic attached). I thought it might be bad youtube quality, but it only seems to be happening on my laptop....my dad's laptop (hp) and desktop show the same video crystal clear.
has anyone experienced this and knows a solution for it?

also, when i bought the laptop, there was a 3 yr warranty included with the it. if i take it back to titles, can i return the laptop, and get the same one again ( new one).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (13.7 KB, 54 views)
Old 02-21-2011
mcmasterrrrr
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 02-21-2011 at 04:57 PM   #2
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Update flash and try again. Try a different browser as well.
Old 02-21-2011 at 05:00 PM   #3
epikness

Liked: 37 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdragon View Post
i have already tried that...reinstalled flash, tried different browsers....... not working
Old 02-21-2011 at 05:05 PM   #4
anon491
Professional Fangirl

Liked: 452 Times

ohh, was it the small red one that's on display? it comes in red, black, white etc.
I bought the same one last year with the 3years warranty and I think I have the same problem. not necessarily on youtube but with other video sometimes. D: like also video that I download.
I never suspected it was a problem with the computer... maybe the graphics card?
Old 02-21-2011 at 05:23 PM   #5
Serene
Elite Member

Liked: 173 Times

Now you know what brand NOT to buy and where NOT to buy anything from.

epikness likes this.
Old 02-21-2011 at 05:48 PM   #6
Freija
Elite Member

Liked: 384 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdragon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by epikness View Post
i have already tried that...reinstalled flash, tried different browsers....... not working
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooburii View Post
ohh, was it the small red one that's on display? it comes in red, black, white etc.
I bought the same one last year with the 3years warranty and I think I have the same problem. not necessarily on youtube but with other video sometimes. D: like also video that I download.
I never suspected it was a problem with the computer... maybe the graphics card?
These days flash is hardware-accelerated on Windows computers. Updating your graphics drivers may solve this problem.

anon491 says thanks to Freija for this post.
Old 02-21-2011 at 05:48 PM   #7
anon491
Professional Fangirl

Liked: 452 Times

@Serene: Hmm, no. I don't think I would change my mind about toshiba's products. I've had a toshiba laptop before and no problems with that, same with this one (except this one issue). Buying from titles... maybe not the best decision x|
Old 02-21-2011 at 06:01 PM   #8
GCSM
Half Life 3 Confirmed

Liked: 95 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freija View Post
These days flash is hardware-accelerated on Windows computers. Updating your graphics drivers may solve this problem.
I would say this is your best bet, even if no new drivers are released sometimes re-installing the old ones fixes many problems
Old 02-21-2011 at 06:21 PM   #9
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

You buy electronics from Titles...