Atmosphere
60%60%60%
Service
70%70%70%
Overall Experience
80%80%80%
Average 78%
Basilique

Basilique is found on King Street; across from Pita Pit, next to TCBY.

The food rating doesn't allow me to give a range. The pizza is pretty shoddy sometimes, and I personally opt to not go for the slices. Fresh made pizza is definitely better. Their wings are greasy, but pretty decent.

But their shwarmas... $5 for a shwarma and a pop is legit. They also take mealcard, so that's a second plus. Third thing is, their shwarmas are easily the best around. Safin Grill, Montfort and Cedar shwarmas lack the size and meat quality of Montfort's. Plus, WAY cheaper.

Also open late, and the dudes behind the counter are pretty friendly.

Oh and they deliver.
Seriously Basilique kicks ass.

BlakeM, jtran89 all say thanks to deadpool for this post.
Deleted Post
Edit/Delete Message
Click here to add your own review for Basilique!

Old 06-17-2008 at 09:32 PM   #2
samantha__
Elite Member

Liked: 9 Times
AMAZING PLACE. It's cheap, they deliver, tastes really good, TAKES THE MEAL CARD. AHHHHH SO GOOD.
Sorry, I just love this place. And it's not far away if you're planning on walking, either.

Old 06-24-2008 at 04:59 PM   #3
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times
I have been treated rudely by the staff here (the owner's brother-in-law). However, it was a few minutes walk from my house (I moved), the prices were good, and the portions were fair. It's a wee bit small to eat on site though (maybe 10-15 chairs)

They let me put broccoli on my pizza without thinking I was nuts. I approve!

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 09-14-2008 at 11:09 PM   #4
hovaisnumba1

Liked: 1 Time
address and directions please xD

Old 09-15-2008 at 04:30 PM   #5
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times
It's on King...

Walk down Sterling until the intersection at King (with TCBY at the corner). Turn right. Basilique is about two doors down from TCBY.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 10-13-2008 at 12:51 AM   #6
opensky

Liked: 2 Times
Personally, I didn't like Basilique at all. I wanted to try it because they accepted meal card and I wanted something new, so I went with two friends of mine. This isn't really a restaurant, it's more of a mix between a fast food restaurant and Pizza Pizza type seating and service. I found the menu to be very limited, and it was hard to find something I wanted to try. The ordering process seemed to take longer than it should have; the cashier didn't know how to process our student cards. Then, when we got our food, they had gotten my friends' order wrong. I think it was the toppings in the calzone weren't what he had ordered. The food wasn't really that good, and I thought it was disappointing and I haven't been back.

I did have some pizza from Basilique at a group event once though, and that was quite tasty.

Old 10-30-2008 at 09:19 PM   #7
Atethrie

Liked: 1 Time
ive been there several times, all have been fairly good food. did not think they accepted meal card though... they're good for late night (ish) pizza though. delivery's news to me, but ive always enjoyed the walk into westdale.

Old 11-05-2008 at 12:37 AM   #8
jtran89

Liked: 0 Times
As a local Hamiltonian, I think Basilque is by far the worst shawarma I've tasted in Hamilton. Although it is nice and close to MAC, compromising taste for convenience is another issue. If you are a shawarma lover and happen to be by hess for a few drinks, Eat-a-pita is by far the best, amazing portions and tasty chicken and also its 5 bucks. Basiliques chicken taste like boiled chicken with no taste and it isnt even grilled/cooked/rotissriered in front of your eyes. If you are in downtown area (gore park) there is a tiny Safin Grill there, its amazingly tasty but the portions are on the down side and the price is also 4 bucks.

Enjoy!

Old 05-18-2010 at 03:19 PM   #9
KAB:)

Liked: 11 Times
I personally will never eat at Basilique's again. I went with a group of people and one girl found dead fly baked into her calzone. I know alot of people in the group weren't bothered by this but I was grossed out.

Old 05-20-2010 at 09:13 AM   #10
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times
@KAB: oh ...!!!

personally, I've tried Basilique 3 times.

First time I ordered Chicken Tikka with rice. I think that chicken was good, don't remember anything about the rice or the veggies with it, didn't eat them.

Second time, I ordered a Pizza and a shawarma.
The pizza looked undercooked, when I picked up the slice...everything fell off it (got it delivered so couldn't complain to them)

Shawarma was good at that time.

Third time ordered just the shawarma, the bread was crispy and broke the moment I picked it up. Had serious trouble eating it without pulling the whole thing apart.

Chicken in Shawarma tasted undercooked and not spicy at all.

I just ordered because it was Halal and wanted food quick.

Old 06-08-2010 at 01:53 PM   #11
McMaster2013

Amazing!

Old 07-09-2010 at 04:38 PM   #12
Ridz

theyr chicken wings are THE best...we usually get the "medium hot" flavored ones...theyr very crispy. Also pizza with extra cheese...thats great.

Old 08-13-2011 at 11:01 AM   #13
laurad

Love this place! I personally love there mousaka. My only problem is that the service is really slow. Sometimes your waiting for half an hour.

Old 08-22-2012 at 07:53 PM   #14
leisure321

Sorry for bumping this old thread - but do I need to get a meal plan to buy the $5 chicken shawerma? Or can I just show my student card?

I plan on buying like 40 of those over the course of first year lolol

Old 08-22-2012 at 08:11 PM   #15
username2

Liked: 3 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leisure321 View Post
Sorry for bumping this old thread - but do I need to get a meal plan to buy the $5 chicken shawerma? Or can I just show my student card?

I plan on buying like 40 of those over the course of first year lolol
I think student card is enough and as far as I remember they no longer accept meal cards.

leisure321 says thanks to username2 for this post.

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search