MacInsiders Logo

Bean Bar

Old 06-13-2008 at 11:02 PM   #16
joset2

Liked: 0 Times

Bean Bar
MMMMMm Bean Bar. I love this cafe because they serve the best coffee and delicious cakes. I did not get good customer service and the waitress was always in a hurry but I still came back for the good food. They are famous for busy lunch hours but personally, I like the busy buzz while having lunch....
Old 08-08-2009 at 02:39 PM   #15
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joset2 View Post
I have been to bean bar well over 10 times both at peak lunch hours to mellow evenings. Some waiters are really good and some are pretty rude ( usually the younger ones). I like the food and cakes but they need to improve on seating. the seats near doors are really odd.
The ones on the side? Those are my favourite tables. It makes sense to use as much space as they can for seating from a business perspective. Especially since the Bean Bar gets very busy.

I found the young waiters and waitresses to be quite friendly.

Old 04-21-2010 at 06:25 PM   #16
JackBauer133

Meh
I've been to Bean Bar 3 times, and 3 out of 3 times I have been disappointed. The last time I went we had to wait an hour for a table, and then another hour for our food to come. Our appetizer was cold when we got it, took another 20 minutes to get that in order. Food was ok, but server messed up my girlfriend's order, so I had to eat my food while she watched and waited, that really sucked. When I asked for the leftovers to be packed up, server packed it up, put it on our table. My girlfriend and I both took a trip to the bathroom, leaving our jackets there (to indicate we hadn't left) when we came back the doggy bag was gone. Server said he threw it out "by accident". Then he said if we wait about "45 minutes" he'll make us whatever he threw out because he felt bad.

Terrible experience. I was not impressed.

Old 08-27-2010 at 05:54 PM   #17
sidhui

I went here once and there was a bug in my food. But they offered to put the meal on the house and made me a new meal. The food was good though.

Old 05-02-2011 at 01:11 PM   #18
Dopematic

Liked: 28 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joset2 View Post
Yes me too...another thing that bugs me is that when you go as a group but billed separately..how do u guys tip? I tell my friend to pool in and give. Isnt it a bit too much to get 7 separate tips?
I'm pretty sure when you go with larger groups (I'm guessing 5+ or 6+ people) the tip is included in the bill, usually as a "Gratuity Fee". So don't feel like you have to tip more, unless you really want to

Old 02-27-2012 at 06:24 PM   #19
ekl.20

It's safe to say that Bean Bar is my go-to place for food off-campus. They offer a great selection from soups & salads, nachos, wraps and sandwiches to delicious cakes. They serve great quality food, and I've had good experiences with their service. They're also open relatively late, so that's definitely a plus. Definitely a place to try if you haven't already.

Old 07-29-2012 at 09:23 PM   #20
dinoship_rar

I've had the same problem as well with the wait =[ also they seemed to have jacked up the prices!

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search