Atmosphere
40%40%40%
Service
80%80%80%
Overall Experience
60%60%60%
Average 72%
Beijing Hut

Home made chinese food. I recommend the take out because its a small place to sit and eat. I love the cutomer service and the food is really good. Also, prices are fair as well. It is a common hang out spot for people who love quick asian food.
Deleted Post
Edit/Delete Message
Click here to add your own review for Beijing Hut!

Old 06-16-2008 at 11:26 AM   #2
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times
I really enjoy this place for a quick bite but I wouldn't call it 'homemade chinese food'. It's fast food no matter what way you spin it. If you've ever had real chinese food (No, the Mandarin doesn't count as 'real') then you'd know that this is fast food.

That doesn't make it any less good for me personally, I still really enjoy going there. Some of the food is rather oily so if you have a sensitive stomach you may want to beware. The food is reasonably priced usually being no more than 7 dollars for a dish.

For two people I usually pay about 13-16 dollars depending on what we buy. They are open all year except the Christmas break and for the last half of June up until Sept 1st. I imagine this is because the majority of their customers are students.

The place itself is a little sketchy looking. Not a lot of care was taken into making it look good which might turn a few people off but it's clean and up to Hamilton standards which is what matters the most!

I suggest it to anyone, it's better than Pacific Rim at Commons any day

Last edited by lorend : 06-16-2008 at 09:43 PM.

Old 06-19-2008 at 03:10 PM   #3
summer

Liked: 1 Time
Try the dumplings, especially the pork and cabbage ones... you can get just the boiled ones if you don't want the extra fat, but the fried ones are just that one fabulous notch better... i find that the rest of the food tends to taste very much similar (I think they use the same base for most if not all their sauces) but those dumplings are mouthwatering.

My friend makes a dipping sauce for the dumplings with vinegar, red pepper flakes and soya sauce... UNREAL!

Old 06-19-2008 at 03:33 PM   #4
joset2

Liked: 0 Times
my personal favourite has always been oyster chicken on bed of rice.... a delicious mix of chicken in oyster souce served with vegetables along with steaming thin rice!!!!!YUMMY!!! no kidding but I had more than 20 of this item alone so faR!!!!!!

Old 06-02-2010 at 09:16 PM   #5
vivian.sand

Liked: 1 Time
Try south china next time... OMG Beijing Hut is like the worst between Chinese restraunts......

Old 09-25-2013 at 01:24 PM   #6
TalkingKing

Liked: 0 Times
Yuck
Don't Go to that place..

Look the owners are nice enough. But I had a STOMACH ACHE after eating there. Also I have Chinese friends who ate there, they ALSO report STOMACH ACHES!!!!

Quality of food = -3

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search