Published by
MacInsiders Staff

Author review
Overall Rating
100%100%100%
Average 100%
The Best Lemon Cupcakes EVER

The Best Lemon Cupcakes EVER

This is a really easy-peasy recipe to make with indredients you would find in most people's cupboards.

Cake:
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup milk
1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 eggs
1 /2 cup unsalted butter, softened

Icing:
1/2 cup cream cheese
4 cups icing sugar
2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
1 tablespoon lemon juice

Preheat the oven to 350 F.

Combine sugar, flour, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl and stir to combine. Add the milk, lemon rind and juice, eggs and butter. Beat with an electric mixer until combined, about 3 minutes.

Put 8 baking cups in a muffin tray, or preferably, 30 mini baking cups in some smaller sized baking trays (I got mine from my granny). Spoon the batter into the cups up to 3/4 full. Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes for muffin-sized cakes or 20 minutes for mini ones.

Remove from the oven, then while it's cooling, prepare the icing by stirring the cream cheese, icing sugar, lemon rind and juice in a bowl until smooth. Spread right over the cupcakes after about 20 minutes cooling, and then decorate with your favourite items.

Deleted Post
Edit/Delete Message
Click here to add your own review for The Best Lemon Cupcakes EVER!

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search