MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Professor Bolker for Biology 1M03? AnishaK Academics 0 08-12-2014 02:27 AM
Math with professor Buzano? artsy Academics 0 04-02-2013 06:46 PM
Math 1K03 vs. Math 1F03, to take before Math 1M03 nazzymodes Academics 2 08-07-2012 04:41 PM
Math professor question.... Biochem47 Academics 10 05-22-2011 08:36 AM
Math 1AA3 professor advice wanted! holagurrl Academics 9 08-11-2009 05:38 PM

Best Professor for Math 1M03

Old 05-31-2017 at 04:23 AM   #1
Anoynomous

Liked: 0 Times

Best Professor for Math 1M03
Who is the best prof for Math 1M03, hoping to get a high GPA in this class.Thanks!:wavespi n:
Old 05-31-2017 at 10:45 AM   #2
old guy

Liked: 5 Times

Nearly all the math profs are great, it's a fantastic department for teachers. Even the TAs are great. But unlike bullshit first-year social science courses, you will NOT get a good mark in math, even first-year math, unless you do loads of homework, and pay attention at all the lectures and tutorials. An A+ is easy to earn in math, but it's EARNED. You'll have no problem paying attention in class if you get McLean. He teaches the first year probability class because he's the only one who can keep the attention of 300 kids in an unventilated room.

Anoynomous says thanks to old guy for this post.
Old 06-13-2017 at 08:31 AM   #3
Phoenix95

Liked: 2 Times

I would avoid Zipeng Wang. The guy really tried, but honestly it was hard to follow understand him. I would say the TA (Savannah) was SUPER helpful. She also does a thorough job going through the assignments. Also, if do find yourself struggling in the course, the math help centre was super helpful too. Go to office hours with the TA it really helps
Old 06-13-2017 at 08:33 PM   #4
buizgirl98

Liked: 0 Times

avoid petar jevtic.. no structure, calls on students for answers making it hard to pay attention
Old 06-14-2017 at 09:06 AM   #5
old guy

Liked: 5 Times

I had Jevtic for 2FM3 and loved him. I had Buchner for 1M03, but he's gone to Berlin now. I guess they give 1M03 to the teacher at the bottom of the pecking order. Doesn't matter, the worst prof in the math department is still always a better teacher than 80% of social science profs. If you're in socsci and want to know what a *real* prof looks like, take some 2nd year maths. Yeah, I've loved every TA in the math department, they're all really good and the tutorials are useful, again unlike social science.