MacInsiders Logo
Old 09-10-2009 at 10:06 PM   #16
tungo89
Club G.R.O.S.S.

Liked: 46 Times

He'd have a lot more to worry about than being flushed down a toilet if the people from Brandon got their hands on him

But we were told not to trash him here last year.... so, yeah.

Everyone, try not to start large fires in residence. Or in general.

Bad idea.
Old 09-10-2009 at 10:29 PM   #17
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

I remember my uncle hearing me say somethign similar and reminding me that residence is not all it is cut out to be all the time.
He made me realise that it involves a lot of responsibility and a vast change in mindset and personal accountability.
While it brings us the freedom we desire, it also takes away the convenience that a lot of us are accustomed to.
And yes, I completely understand that the cheering groups are amazing and I would personally give an arm and an a leg to be part of that experience but residence is not for everyone.
You may move in and find you really don't like it and may never like it, or you may hate it at first and end up loving it.
Ibrahim, while I do understand it from your point of view, if you're an international student your fees are probably already through the roof. You may want to wait out first year and after hearing and witnessing some of the residence experiences conclude whether it is really right for you.
Though first year is commonly associated with the best time to enjoy the residence experience, first year itself is a huge adjustment and residence may not be suitable for everyone.

I would think that in later years when we know a bit more and are able to ensure we do what we need to do without worryign about the crazy partying roomate trying to drag us to that party before that midterm, we might savour the experience even more.

And hey, you never know, there could be one feature of residence that's so off putting it may sour your whole experience.

For me it would definitely be the bathrooms.
Just not a fan of public bathrooms

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 09-10-2009 at 10:40 PM   #18
tungo89
Club G.R.O.S.S.

FWIW, the washrooms in rez are cleaned every day.
Old 09-10-2009 at 10:43 PM   #19
sinthusized
Elite Member

Liked: 98 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sew12 View Post
I know of one or two bad residence experiences but thats it. I had a good experience in 1st and 2nd year overall and I enjoyed the convenience of it very much. If I had the money I would have went in for a 3rd year.

Today I had to wake up at 5:30 to commute to Mac for an 8:30 class. Last year I once got up at 8:13 b/c alarm didn't go off and I still got up and did my usual morning routine and made it on time for 8:30.
wow where do you commute from?
Old 09-10-2009 at 11:06 PM   #20
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

I know the bathrooms are wonderfully clean but I still have a great deal of difficulty using public washrooms

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 09-10-2009 at 11:09 PM   #21
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 421 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by theomicron View Post
Yeah, but I think most of the campus bathrooms are and they still aren't very clean. (Well, some aren't bad. But some are terrible).
Old 09-10-2009 at 11:45 PM   #22
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

I can't stand public washrooms. :| Especially girls who are afraid of sitting on the toilets and end up peeing all over the seats when they squat. *vom

I love living off-campus.
Old 09-11-2009 at 08:50 AM   #23
tungo89
Club G.R.O.S.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
I can't stand public washrooms. :| Especially girls who are afraid of sitting on the toilets and end up peeing all over the seats when they squat. *vom

I love being a guy.

Old 09-11-2009 at 09:33 AM   #24
Myaccount

Liked: 3 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by theomicron View Post

This morning, I was in there and they were cleaning it at 8.

Went back in at 9, and the place was filthy, and they were cleaning it AGAIN.

Girls are so messy- sometimes the toilets aren't even flushed.
Old 09-11-2009 at 10:02 AM   #25
tungo89
Club G.R.O.S.S.

I guess the cleaners had to shower too!
Old 09-11-2009 at 10:02 AM   #26
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myaccount View Post

Trust me, it's not just the girls who don't flush. I saw someone walk out of a washroom once, I was going in right after him... he left a giant stinking log in the toilet.

How about.. EVERYONE is nasty, not just a specific gender.

And while people are complaining about the girls not sitting on the toilet and getting piss all over the seat, how about the guys that get piss all over the toilet seat bowl rim and lid. Same thing right.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 09-11-2009 at 10:05 AM   #27
Myaccount

Liked: 3 Times

Well, I said girls because I'm in the all girls rez, but that's fair enough!
Old 09-11-2009 at 12:39 PM   #28
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post

People should start watching Bullshit XD
Old 09-11-2009 at 12:44 PM   #29
Kevin S

Liked: 128 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myaccount View Post

lol last year in res, one of the care takers kept complaining about how dirty the girl washrooms were. She wanted to get paid more cleaning them. lol
Old 09-11-2009 at 02:13 PM   #30
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 470 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinthusized View Post
wow where do you commute from?
Brampton.

There's a Go Bus that leaves Bramelea Go at 6:45 so and arrives at Mac around 7:50. In order to on the 6:45 bus I have to get up around 5:30 to get ready, get in the car and get a ride to the station for around 6:30ish. There is a bus after that that arrives at Mac at 8:20 but that cuts it to close for me. If I want to have time to get to campus maybe get a drink or good or take my time to get to class and get a good seat the 6:45 am bus is the only option.