MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How was the Bio 1m03 exam? naval23 Academics 5 12-12-2012 12:47 PM
BIO 1M03 Exam Jaz1616 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 11 12-09-2012 03:12 AM
Bio 1M03 Exam Oilenroc First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 04-15-2012 05:18 PM
Bio 1M03 EXAM cjdzl Academics 65 04-20-2011 09:11 PM

Bio 1m03 exam

Old 04-13-2013 at 04:47 PM   #1
nbwx

Liked: 0 Times

Bio 1m03 exam
hey I was wondering on what I should focus on for the bio 1m03 exam.
my current profs are : quinn(2nd half)/evans(1st half)

On avenue he also posted this
Quote:
Dear All:

35 questions are from Dr. Evans section. 65 are from my section. Of those, my first cut had about 45 questions on material from Chapter 52 (Freeman) and onwards. In Other words, there is a bit more concentration on the material taught since material covered on the 2nd test. The 45/15 split on my section is not exact, but was my intent at first cut. Some changes in questions since then may have changed this ratio slightly.

Good luck on the final. See you then.

Cheers, Jim

Should I read How Humans Evolved?
Should I focus more on the textbook, Biological Science by Freeman ?

Please help, thanks!
Old 04-13-2013 at 05:12 PM   #2
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

no need to read the book especially if u read it for the midterm. from what i see, they already told u what to focus on so focus on what it says
Old 04-13-2013 at 05:31 PM   #3
mac_5555

Liked: 3 Times

dont bother with the. it never came last semester except 4-6 really easy questions. and do study the chapters covered at the end by the second proff, they were the majority. also do the definitions and understand them cuz there were quite a few case study questions askign to identify which processes are taking place or what is causing the evolution
Old 04-13-2013 at 06:28 PM   #4
mastercool

Liked: 22 Times

im pretty sure most textbooks have a textbook website. Why don't you do practice multiple choice questions from that website? Sometimes the profs take questions from there and throw em on tests.
Old 04-13-2013 at 06:50 PM   #5
celtics_fan

Liked: 12 Times

especially for the How Humans Evolved, if you haven't read it yet, it's better to just stick with what you learned in lecture, but that definitely has a website with questions you can practice
Old 04-13-2013 at 08:52 PM   #6
PockyWarrior

Liked: 34 Times

Oh geez, they're still using that horrible book How Humans Evolved? Worst. Experience. Ever. I want my money and time back -_-""

I believe my year got the prof who was teaching that whole section removed from Mac afterwards for being such a poor instructor (though to be fair..I still feel the material doesn't offer much chance to teach it really well for first year students)

Sorry for mini-rant on that book and lecture material. I'd offer some specific advice if I could but it's been way too many years since I've taken the course to really know how the tests work on it anymore, sorry D=, and goodluck!

celtics_fan likes this.
Old 04-13-2013 at 08:54 PM   #7
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

meh. last year you didnt even need to read the book for the 2nd midterm. i had evans/quinn and their slides were very detailed. i didnt read the book and did well on hhe part. guess it depends on how good the slides are in the class.