MacInsiders Logo
Old 08-20-2012 at 03:42 PM   #1
takeabreath

Liked: 1 Time

Bio 2C03?
How was Bio 2C03 compared to the other second year bio courses (i.e. Bio 2B03) in your opinion? Thanks!
Old 08-20-2012 at 04:07 PM   #2
Purple2309

Liked: 17 Times

It is one of the easier 2nd year bio courses.
I found Bio 2C03 easier than Bio 2B03 (But many have said that they are quite similar)
Old 08-20-2012 at 05:26 PM   #3
omgmt

Liked: 21 Times

I took both courses with Dr. Dej and I would say they're about the same difficulty. Although the exam for genetics was MUCH harder than cell bio. Both require a lot of memorization, 2b03 a little bit more than 2c03. Understanding the material helps in both courses as well, just a little bit more understanding concepts in 2c03.

Good luck!
Old 08-20-2012 at 05:29 PM   #4
rkb12

Liked: 33 Times

I found it very similar to 2B03 but it's probably because both were taught by Dej in the same term for me. 2C03 had slightly more application, you have to practice/be able to do genetics problems. 2B03 was mostly just memorizing info and experiments, by then you should be able to answer any application questions based on variations of experiments.

Dej made her tests really long so a lot of people (including me) found them difficult. The previous genetics class had a different prof and had half the questions we did. You should go to class for both of them, she explains experiments and has details in class that may not be on the slides.

I'd say 2B03 and 2C03 are medium on the difficulty/workload scale (2A03/2EE3 are higher because of certain things, 2D03 is low).
Old 08-20-2012 at 06:07 PM   #5
Yogurt

Liked: 237 Times

In terms of workload, it isn't overburdening if you keep up. It's just midterms and exam. The material is incredibly enjoyable. I really loved the course. I did well on both midterms (80-90's). I thought I was fairly well prepared for the exam. I ended up with a 5.

I found the workload less than Biology 2B03, but more than the rest of my courses. It's subjective though, as to me, a course with only tests and exam is the lightest workload. I'd rather it over a course with lighter, easier material but with essays and projects.