MacInsiders Logo
Old 04-28-2012 at 10:43 AM   #1
deedeexo
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 0 Times

bio
hi guys,

is bio 2b03 a good idea to take over the summer?

thanks!
Old 04-28-2012 at 11:36 AM   #2
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

Apparently it's online, so...this will be incredibly interesting. Dr. Dej is a great prof, but both exams I've written with her (Bio 2C03 and Bio 2B03) have been brutal. The midterms are easy so people think they'll do better than they actually do, and the final exams are intense. Still very possible to do very well, but these are memory heavy courses no matter what other people may claim. You'll need a good understanding of the material, sure, but you'll also need summary sheets and memorization to get you the 12's. It sucks but just no way around it.

On a side note, I wish I'd taken it when it was an online course.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 04-28-2012 at 11:39 AM   #3
deedeexo
Account Disabled by User

what do you mean by it's online? it says there are lectures in a specific place at a specific time in mac though!
Old 04-28-2012 at 11:53 AM   #4
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Look up Bio 2B03 on the master timetable and check under the "notes" section.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 04-28-2012 at 12:31 PM   #5
deedeexo
Account Disabled by User

oh it says that "online lectures" are available, but does that mean it's ONLY online?
Old 04-28-2012 at 12:32 PM   #6
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

It says "online lectures, tutorials in class and tests in class" so I would imagine that's the format they want to follow.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 04-28-2012 at 12:42 PM   #7
deedeexo
Account Disabled by User

oh alright thanks! what about chem 2oa3? sorry I'm very indecisive on what to take over the summer!
Old 04-28-2012 at 01:07 PM   #8
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedeexo View Post
oh alright thanks! what about chem 2oa3? sorry I'm very indecisive on what to take over the summer!
No one can tell you what to do, it's an individual choice and what works for one person might be terrible for another. There have been many many posts about taking orgo in the summer (you can do a search and read them over), but at the end of the day, you know what's best for you.
Old 04-28-2012 at 01:21 PM   #9
Chevalier
Elite Member

Liked: 203 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedeexo View Post
definitely take orgo in the summer !!! itll be 5x easier than in the year. and if you can take both take both of them.

although this also depends on the prof. last year the prof was amazing but she moved so she doesn't teach it any more. this year i believe stover? is teaching the summer orgo courses. ... i would be cautious. he is a good prof but it depends on your style. some people do well with him and some do really bad.
Old 04-28-2012 at 02:15 PM   #10
deedeexo
Account Disabled by User

Dr landry is teaching it this summer, but I'm not the best at chem, thats why i was wondering if it'd be better to take it or not
Old 04-28-2012 at 03:39 PM   #11
-Ish-

Liked: 56 Times

I had Dr. Landry for Chem 1A03. He's fairly good, not the best.. but good. He's clear and concise, so I found it important to do my chapter readings prior to lecture. That way sitting in lecture and hearing him talk was like a review. He also had additional inclass problems on Thursday/Friday (not marked) relevant to the material being taught. If you often find yourself requiring extra help in Chem, it'd be a good idea to see him at his office hours. He's quite approachable. Don't slack off and keep it for a later date because Chem with him, moves on at a quick pace. See him as soon as you can after the lecture. n Good Luck!