MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bio w/ physio plan+timetable+questions Chevalier Academics 26 06-12-2011 09:24 PM
Bio physio vs. Molecular bio and genetics amna_m20 Academics 10 06-04-2011 12:36 AM
All my Biow/physio spec Majors where you at? Chevalier Academics 51 06-01-2011 12:40 AM
Biochem vs Honours Bio with physio t.dot Academics 3 06-14-2010 06:58 PM
Biology 3B03 - Plant Physio manaya Academics 3 06-09-2010 10:15 AM

Bio/Physio Specialization & Kin 2C03

Old 06-14-2011 at 10:56 AM   #1
ellerytc

Liked: 25 Times

Bio/Physio Specialization & Kin 2C03
Hey guys,

So did anyone else choose Bio/Physio Specialization and attempt to register in Kin 2C03 only to find it full?

I'm just curious as to whether or not any of you guys actually got in and I was just one of the unlucky ones to get onto SOLAR and find it full,

OR if they really didn't open up any seats for us and we have to wait until all the Kin students get in first.

Let me know!
Old 06-14-2011 at 10:59 AM   #2
spyridm

Liked: 46 Times

I did not actually try to get into this course- but my sister is also in H. Bio Physiology and she's been trying to get into the Kin courses on our courselist for 2 years to no avail ...so it probably isnt just you...

ellerytc says thanks to spyridm for this post.
Old 06-14-2011 at 11:01 AM   #3
Mohit
Account Disabled by User

I didnt get in at 2 am last night....I just called the kin department and they said it is 100% completely full

ellerytc says thanks to Mohit for this post.
Old 06-14-2011 at 11:15 AM   #4
ellerytc

KILL ME NOW :|

those are basically the only courses on the "Physiology Course List" that actually interest me :|

other than the Psychs, but I don't even have 1XX3 Psych so those are not an option.

My friend in Kin told me that the course is open for him so it's definitely not 100% full, they're just holding off on us I guess then.
Keep me updated if one of you gets in?
Thanks!
Old 06-14-2011 at 11:21 AM   #5
spyridm

Liked: 46 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellerytc View Post
My friend in Kin told me that the course is open for him so it's definitely not 100% full, they're just holding off on us I guess then.
Keep me updated if one of you gets in?
Thanks!
Just checked for ya on SOLAR, it says its full unfortunately...

Last edited by spyridm : 06-14-2011 at 11:27 AM.
Old 06-14-2011 at 11:44 AM   #6
Chevalier
Elite Member

Liked: 203 Times

yea i tried too and couldnt get in, i swear all the decent courses on the physio list are all full this is so messed up
Old 06-14-2011 at 12:04 PM   #7
frzntrkydnnr

Liked: 5 Times

Last year I wanted both 2C03 and 2CC3, and both were full for the longest time. Eventually 2CC3 opened up, but 2C03 never did. And this year 2C03 conflicts with a required third year course. Kinda sucks, but there's always next year. The other one that gets me on the course list is bio 3xl3. It was full within 15 minutes of solar opening for third years.

BlueWave says thanks to frzntrkydnnr for this post.
Old 06-17-2011 at 04:40 PM   #8
BlueWave

Liked: 16 Times

Don't feel bummed if you didn't get into Kin 2C03. MY friends in biophysio and kin who took it said that the course was hard and had a lot of graphs to interpret. They all said that Kin 2CC3 was a lot more fun. I took Kin 2CC3 last year and it was pretty good. But to be honest it wasn't as interesting as I thought it would be considering it was a kin course and I hyped it too much b/c it was a kin course. The course was mix of biochem/kreb's/glycolysis and cardiorespiratory. I was surprised to find Kin 2C03 open when I registered for third year courses. I didn't take it because it conflicted with Bio 3P03 and because people said you wouldn't be missing out on a lot if you didn't take Kin 2C03, cus it wasn't THAT interesting/fun. I guess if you really wanted, you could sit in some of the Kin 2C03/2CC3 classes to see for yourself and try to get into next year. You would probably will get in, cus when I was registering for third year courses, I got into solar at 3AM, and Kin 2C03 was still open. Even if you don't get into Kin 2C03/2CC3, there are other great courses on the physiology course list. The courses that I took from the list so far are: Psych 2E03, Kin 2CC3, Psych 2TT3 (in order of awesomeness). My favourite course in second year hands down was Psych 2E03, I would recommend this course because not only is it easy but its really interesting! And the prof was really good too, Ullal. Also, one bad thing about taking Kin 2CC3 was that it was offered at the same time as Biochem 2EE3. I forfeited biochem because no way was I going to drop Kin 2CC3. But since I didn't take biochem, I'm limited in taking some upper year courses that require biochem 2EE3. But this year Kin 2CC3/Biochem 2EE3 don't conflict

Overall, if you didn't get into the Kin courses, its not the end of the world, it may even be a blessing

There are other interesting courses in addition to Kin as well, like Psych 2E03