MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Review Review Starter Category Comments Last Post
life sci 2ee3 and biochem 2ee3 jangh2 Academics 16 06-25-2009 12:19 PM
Orgo 20B3 and 2OA3, and biochem 2EE3, and bio 2EE3 rits Academics 1 08-24-2008 03:44 PM

Biochem 2EE3

Old 06-30-2009 at 10:14 AM   #106
Sohail

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Biochem 2EE3
This course was taught by Dr. Boris Zhorov this past year. I think he's been teaching it for years now. This means that a lot of his test questions are actually recycled from previous years. So, if you can get your hands on previous years' tests, you should be in good shape.

In terms...

Last edited by Sohail : 06-30-2009 at 10:16 AM.

all say thanks to Sohail for this post.

like this.
Old 05-25-2014 at 10:06 AM   #105
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bae_ View Post
Any opinions regarding this course during the summer? Is it too condensed?
i doubt it especially considering that most people dont even bother with this course until a few days before a test.
Old 05-25-2014 at 01:43 PM   #106
leafsnation35

Liked: 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bae_ View Post
Any opinions regarding this course during the summer? Is it too condensed?
The summer outline is 40% midterm and 60% exam. He covers more chapters in one class (3 per class) so it's more information you have to remember for the midterm but the amount for the final exam is the same since its cumulative during the year as well. Easy course, take it.
Old 06-27-2014 at 11:54 PM   #107
Helen

Do have any past midterms or know how to find them? Thanks in advance!
Old 06-27-2014 at 11:56 PM   #108
Helen

Do you have any past midterms or know how to find them? Thanks in advance

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpiccinin View Post
I took this class Winter 2014, and I found it extremely easy.

Mark Breakdown:
Hasn't changed in years.
2 Midterms worth 29% each (non-cumulative)
1 Exam worth 42% (cumulative)

Dr. Zhorov was definitely not the most interesting professor I've ever had, but he got the job done. Everything you needed to know for the midterms was in his lecture slides, so you didn't necessarily have to go to class all the time.
For his midterms, he took a lot of questions directly off of past midterms (sometimes he changed the wording a little bit, so be careful when answering the questions if all you've done is memorize the answers to the past midterms!).
Honestly, I prettily much just memorized the past midterms and a few random details from the notes and finished with an 11 in the class.
It was a fairly easy elective, and I would definitely say it's a bird course.
Old 12-30-2015 at 05:40 PM   #109
kaytuh

Liked: 6 Times
Do you need the textbook for this course?
Old 12-30-2015 at 09:30 PM   #110
bobsingh

Liked: 11 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytuh View Post
Do you need the textbook for this course?
Zhorov puts one question from the textbook for the midterms and none on the final. So essentially, memorizing his slides is the way to go (his lectures are dry and he only tests whats on his slides) and you don't need the textbook.
Old 01-02-2016 at 10:01 AM   #111
mm99mm

Liked: 4 Times
did u like this course? how were the midterms, were the multiple choice straightforward? do u think one could get an 11 in this course, I hear that the prof is not very good
Old 01-03-2016 at 06:43 PM   #112
Pegasus

Liked: 5 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm99mm View Post
did u like this course? how were the midterms, were the multiple choice straightforward? do u think one could get an 11 in this course, I hear that the prof is not very good
Personally, I didn't enjoy this course very much since it was basically all memorization and required little to no understanding or application of the material. The midterms consisted of all MC and were generally pretty straightforward. However, the lectures and course content are very dry, which I found made the course more difficult and less enjoyable than I had anticipated - so keep that in mind. It is very possible to get an 11 in the course, especially if you are great at/like memorizing and I would assume that a fair number of people finish with an 11/12 (each year).
Old 08-22-2016 at 02:49 PM   #113
Curlysue

Liked: 1 Time
Updated Biochem 2EE3 Review
I took this class in the Summer of 2016 with Dr. Macdonald and Dr. Vulca. This course was online, and found it incredibly easy. The main topic in this course is about the metabolism of Carbs, Lipids, and Proteins in the body.
The mark breakdown is as following:
Test 1: 15% (Online)
Test 2: 15% (Online)
Online Homework: 20%
Student Lead Exam Questions: 5%
Concept Map: 5%
Final Exam 40%

All of the information comes from modules, and the homework questions are based on the module content. Extremely easy 20%

The final exam was all multiple choice. 10 of the questions came from the student lead exam questions, and the remaining 50 came from the 2 teachers.
The textbook i would somewhat recommend, to help with all of the pathways. For the first test, make sure you memorize all of the amino acids. This will help you throughout the course as well.
In the end, passed the course with an 11, with only a few hours of studying.

mm99mm says thanks to Curlysue for this post.
Old 08-24-2016 at 12:40 AM   #114
mm99mm

Liked: 4 Times
How is Dr. MacDonald as a prof? also were the multiple choice questions in tests and final exams tricky or straightforward?

Thanks
Old 08-30-2016 at 09:47 AM   #115
Curlysue

She was pretty good as a prof. Only saw her at the final exam. The multiple choice questions on the tests were straightforward, while some of the questions on the exam were tricky.

mm99mm says thanks to Curlysue for this post.
Old 03-17-2017 at 07:44 PM   #116
fanfan

Would you say that the textbook readings were very important or was everything tested from the online modules? and the textbook was only used for better understanding of module?
Old 03-28-2017 at 10:18 PM   #117
Curlysue

From what I remember, the textbbok was really only useful to get a batter understanding of the module content. Hope this helps!
Old 04-20-2017 at 03:07 PM   #118
TheEugenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curlysue View Post
From what I remember, the textbbok was really only useful to get a batter understanding of the module content. Hope this helps!
That's interesting

So essentially all the extra processes in the textbook that are not discussed in the modules aren't tested
Old 04-21-2017 at 10:29 PM   #119
Curlysue

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEugenius View Post
That's interesting

So essentially all the extra processes in the textbook that are not discussed in the modules aren't tested
Pretty Much

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search