MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
life sci 2ee3 and biochem 2ee3 jangh2 Academics 16 06-25-2009 12:19 PM
Orgo 20B3 and 2OA3, and biochem 2EE3, and bio 2EE3 rits Academics 1 08-24-2008 03:44 PM

Biochem 2EE3

Old 01-10-2011 at 01:15 PM   #16
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy

Liked: 543 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailsnake View Post
Are you serious?
Is there any reason for this?
Spoon feeding

McMaster University, Honours B.Sc. in Biology '13, Minor in Psychology

University of British Columbia, DMD '17, Doctor of Dental Medicine
Old 01-10-2011 at 01:17 PM   #17
TLulu1

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Are you serious?
A health sci must of gone through all of the work of scanning the images and putting them into the notes and then was nice and decided to share
Old 01-10-2011 at 01:26 PM   #18
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLulu1 View Post
A health sci must of gone through all of the work of scanning the images and putting them into the notes and then was nice and decided to share
No the notes are not scanned, they are just available in the archive. Which all other students don't get access into the archive folder. Except health science students they get access to all learn link archives.

The scanned material is the past tests and such, but the lectures with pictures are from past years.

Old 01-10-2011 at 01:26 PM   #19
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

os... so is that wats in the biochem archives that gives me the message "sorry you are not permitted to perform that function" anytime i try to access it?
L'Étoile
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 01-10-2011 at 01:51 PM   #20
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
Are you serious?
Yep, sad but true.
It's just the way learnlink is structured. Those with electives in the Health Sci or Biochem departments have limited access while other undergraduates in Health Science have access to all (or at least more) folders. :(

@ L'Etoile- It's good that you found someone, even if it IS for money -__-
Old 01-10-2011 at 01:59 PM   #21
TheLegacy

Liked: 11 Times

Actually, upper year (2nd year and above) Biochemistry students also get access to those files. I had my roommate in Biochemistry get the files for me last year. See if you can find a Biochem student, they're usually more conducive to collaboration than Health Sci's.

Medicine I
Biology III (BSc. 2011)

0t10, ~*Sara*~ all say thanks to TheLegacy for this post.
Old 01-10-2011 at 02:09 PM   #22
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegacy View Post
Actually, upper year (2nd year and above) Biochemistry students also get access to those files. I had my roommate in Biochemistry get the files for me last year. See if you can find a Biochem student, they're usually more conducive to collaboration than Health Sci's.
Awesome, thanks!
Old 01-10-2011 at 02:46 PM   #23
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLulu1 View Post
Does anyone have the textbook for sale? If so, please message me.
Thanks
Check the rest of the marketplace. I found one recent ad here: http://www.macinsiders.com/showthrea...9.html?t=38009

TLulu1 says thanks to ~*Sara*~ for this post.
Old 01-10-2011 at 05:44 PM   #24
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

according to learnlink:
Quote:
Only faculty and staff has access to archives.
which i think is unfair... but aw well..
Old 01-10-2011 at 06:18 PM   #25
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy

Quote:
Actually I tried that, my friend who is in biochem tried accessing the archive and she did not succeed, but then she gets a special folder where STUDENTS can post the past tests and notes of any course like ORGANIC CHEM etc ... but she found nothing so as

Quote:
Originally Posted by giftedchick View Post
according to learnlink:

Quote:
Only faculty and staff has access to archives.
which i think is unfair... but aw well..
This is true, access to archives are only for health science students and their staff

P.S. OFFTOPIC: I am deeply sorry if I sometimes bash the health sciences as you may have read in other threads, but this is one of the many reasons why I feel that the university treats the health science students as being worth more than everybody else, like the learn link authorities, the special library website that is not included in the main McMaster website, the priority given to Health science students in booking rooms in the health sciences library where there is no priority for Science or Engineering students in Thode or business students in Innis, its just first book first serve. And the list goes on.... But I am deeply sorry if I ever offended anyone, but I am not really bashing specific people in the faculty, I am just addressing the unfairness as a whole between the faculties. So Hope this clears things up
Good Luck to everyone, I really wish you all the best.

Last edited by L'Étoile : 01-10-2011 at 06:27 PM.
Old 01-10-2011 at 06:57 PM   #26
TLulu1

Liked: 0 Times

Yeah I know what they look like. I'm in health sci
Old 01-10-2011 at 10:23 PM   #27
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Quote:
lol, PBL at its finest!
Old 01-11-2011 at 02:54 PM   #28
Squectangle

Liked: 14 Times

Concerning the notes with pictures: a Health Sci student had to manually insert the pictures in. I know the student personally, and she had to spend up to 2 hours per week doing this. She then posted these notes in the Health Sci LearnLink forum, which is why only Health Sci students can access them only. (Note, LL was initially used by HS students due to the immense amount of group work; it's really just a forum like MI managed by students for students). She refrained from posting them in the common lecture folder due to the prof's allegations about copyright and whatnot. There is no favouritism toward lecture notes, just a lot of work and collaboration.

For those who want these notes, just ask someone with the notes to send them to you, or create them yourself. There's no harm in asking. And I really don't agree with the concept of paying someone for these notes, especially if that someone did not make them themselves. I don't think the maker of the notes intended for any kind of monetary gain to happen either.
Old 01-11-2011 at 03:06 PM   #29
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squectangle View Post
Concerning the notes with pictures: a Health Sci student had to manually insert the pictures in. I know the student personally, and she had to spend up to 2 hours per week doing this. She then posted these notes in the Health Sci LearnLink forum, which is why only Health Sci students can access them only. (Note, LL was initially used by HS students due to the immense amount of group work; it's really just a forum like MI managed by students for students). She refrained from posting them in the common lecture folder due to the prof's allegations about copyright and whatnot. There is no favouritism toward lecture notes, just a lot of work and collaboration.

For those who want these notes, just ask someone with the notes to send them to you, or create them yourself. There's no harm in asking. And I really don't agree with the concept of paying someone for these notes, especially if that someone did not make them themselves. I don't think the maker of the notes intended for any kind of monetary gain to happen either.
The monetary gain was not because he sold me the notes, its because he had to download everything for me, so its more for the time consumed obtaining the learlink material.