MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Orgo 20B3 and 2OA3, and biochem 2EE3, and bio 2EE3 rits Academics 1 08-24-2008 03:44 PM

biochem 2EE3

Old 01-03-2012 at 11:55 AM   #1
LouLou

Liked: 0 Times

biochem 2EE3
can anyone give me some info on Biochem 2EE3?

Last edited by jhan523 : 01-03-2012 at 12:49 PM.
Old 01-03-2012 at 02:52 PM   #2
meddling

Liked: 3 Times

I tool this course last semester, but it was very memorization-heavy with a narrow margin for error. Having said that, as long as you know the slides by heart, you are good to go. It doesn't require complicated understanding or anything.

You can check out more reviews here, I wrote a lot about it when it was still fresh in my mind:
http://www.macinsiders.com/showthrea...1.html?t=21971
Old 01-03-2012 at 03:00 PM   #3
jamiebenyovi

Liked: 7 Times

do you by any chance have the slides for this course or notes because i can't seem to access learnlink?!
Old 01-03-2012 at 03:14 PM   #4
doppelganger

Liked: 65 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by meddling View Post
I tool this course last semester, but it was very memorization-heavy with a narrow margin for error. Having said that, as long as you know the slides by heart, you are good to go. It doesn't require complicated understanding or anything.

You can check out more reviews here, I wrote a lot about it when it was still fresh in my mind:
http://www.macinsiders.com/showthrea...1.html?t=21971
Have you taken Microbio? I took it last semester and I was wondering if the memorization in Biochem 2ee3 is comparable to the memorization in Bio 2ee3. Is the memorization more intense in this class?

Btw, I HATED that microbio course, so if this course is like that one, I may drop it.
Old 01-03-2012 at 03:31 PM   #5
henry101

Liked: 6 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by doppelganger View Post
Have you taken Microbio? I took it last semester and I was wondering if the memorization in Biochem 2ee3 is comparable to the memorization in Bio 2ee3. Is the memorization more intense in this class?

Btw, I HATED that microbio course, so if this course is like that one, I may drop it.
Was wondering the same thing and if it's more memory intense than microbio then i'm dropping this course 100%.
Old 01-03-2012 at 03:34 PM   #6
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

I would say it's more memory intensive than microbiology since the information is kind of random and therefore harder to learn.
Old 01-03-2012 at 03:42 PM   #7
Purple2309

Liked: 17 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiebenyovi View Post
do you by any chance have the slides for this course or notes because i can't seem to access learnlink?!
Did you download first class?

Use this link to help you with accessing learnlink: http://www.learnlink.mcmaste r.ca/h...etstarted.html

jamiebenyovi says thanks to Purple2309 for this post.
Old 01-03-2012 at 03:44 PM   #8
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiebenyovi View Post
https://www.learnlink.mcmaste r.ca/...etstarted.html

Quote:
To login to your account use the following default information:

User ID: Firstname.Lastname
Password: Type in your student number

jamiebenyovi says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 01-03-2012 at 03:46 PM   #9
doppelganger

Liked: 65 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
I would say it's more memory intensive than microbiology since the information is kind of random and therefore harder to learn.
In microbio, the prof asked some random questions from the textbook as well (so I basically read the text cover to cover).
I heard that the prof for biochem only tests on material from the lectures, so wouldn't I have less things to memorize? :S
Old 01-03-2012 at 03:49 PM   #10
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by doppelganger View Post
In microbio, the prof asked some random questions from the textbook as well (so I basically read the text cover to cover).
I heard that the prof for biochem only tests on material from the lectures, so wouldn't I have less things to memorize? :S
But a textbook has coherent information which flows and builds on itself. In the end it's your decision as you know yourself the best. I personally have an easier time memorizing information related to each other than random pieces of information with no relation.
Old 01-03-2012 at 03:59 PM   #11
muons

Liked: 84 Times

I really don't think you should drop this course. It won't be that bad and remember some med schools require biochem courses (if that is one of your goals). Good luck!
Old 01-03-2012 at 08:12 PM   #12
meddling

Liked: 3 Times

I personally never took Bio 2EE3!

The memorization is intense, but the first test wasn't really that bad because a lot of it was review. The second test and the exam were harder though. A lot of it was luck, you could not a thousand things but it wouldn't help you if you forgot the [glucose] in the blood :S There were only lecture slides, but these lectures weren't always connected as mentioned before.

However, I have been told that this is an easy course for some, so it depends entirely on you. I would recommend practicing old tests (he posts one sample atleast on learnlink) because some of the questions are similar/ somewhat recycled.

It is a med school related course though, so you should keep that in mind.

If you do decide to take it, I would recommend going to class and just chilling. Everything is on the slides, just concentrate on the information and soak it in, however boring it seems. Your brain can retain the randomest facts

doppelganger says thanks to meddling for this post.
Old 01-03-2012 at 08:33 PM   #13
exuberant888

Liked: 55 Times

I don't know if this has occurred in previous years, but the lecture notes he posts on LearnLink are not the same as those he puts up during class in the sense that certain figures and pictures are omitted in order to abide by copyright laws. I was just wondering if it is worth buying the textbook just for this? I heard that this course only requires memorization of the slides in order to do well and reading the textbook is not very useful. Any input would be greatly appreciated!
Old 01-03-2012
TLulu
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 01-03-2012 at 09:08 PM   #14
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by exuberant888 View Post
I don't know if this has occurred in previous years, but the lecture notes he posts on LearnLink are not the same as those he puts up during class in the sense that certain figures and pictures are omitted in order to abide by copyright laws. I was just wondering if it is worth buying the textbook just for this? I heard that this course only requires memorization of the slides in order to do well and reading the textbook is not very useful. Any input would be greatly appreciated!
I never used the book, neither did anyone I know who took the course.