MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
life sci 2ee3 and biochem 2ee3 jangh2 Academics 16 06-25-2009 12:19 PM
Orgo 20B3 and 2OA3, and biochem 2EE3, and bio 2EE3 rits Academics 1 08-24-2008 03:44 PM

biochem 2ee3 final exam

Old 04-03-2011 at 01:34 PM   #1
karna

Liked: 28 Times

biochem 2ee3 final exam
Hi,
can anyone give an insight on how difficult the final exam is, and if it is similar to midterms?
Old 04-06-2011 at 12:58 PM   #2
karna

anyone ?
Old 04-06-2011 at 01:11 PM   #3
SciMania
Elite Member

Liked: 74 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by karna View Post
anyone ?
I remember (from 2 years ago) that it had EXTREMELY random questions on it. In that sense, yes it was similar to the midterms.

Your best bet is to memorize everything and hope it shows up on there.

Don't bother with the textbook though.

karna says thanks to SciMania for this post.
Old 04-06-2011 at 01:23 PM   #4
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by SciMania View Post
I remember (from 2 years ago) that it had EXTREMELY random questions on it. In that sense, yes it was similar to the midterms.

40 Questions, 2 hours. Not too bad, except he asks such random questions as SciMania mentioned. From what I heard from friends who took it before, there are no textbook questions (I believe he also mentioned this in lectures). The best thing we can probably do is literally memorize EVERYTHING, with more focus on the latter part, especially the topics not yet tested.

karna says thanks to ~*Sara*~ for this post.
Old 04-06-2011 at 01:26 PM   #5
Stock

Liked: 56 Times

Does ullal teach this or something
Old 04-06-2011 at 01:27 PM   #6
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stock View Post
Does ullal teach this or something
Nope, probably equally as bad (at times) though -_-
Old 04-06-2011 at 02:35 PM   #7
REDnation
Account Locked

Liked: 13 Times

Not bad at all. Given two hours with 40 multiple choice which of many are repeated from midterms. It's manageable. Personally, I found the exam to be easier than both midterms and was better prepared for it. The distribution of the exam covered the entire course, so yes there was a question from the very first lecture, which am sure you have seen before . Remember this is your last encounter with 'The Tiger', so you either make it out alive, or get eaten it. Good luck

sadaf says thanks to REDnation for this post.

Old 04-06-2011 at 03:17 PM   #8
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDnation View Post
Not bad at all. Given two hours with 40 multiple choice which of many are repeated from midterms. It's manageable. Personally, I found the exam to be easier than both midterms and was better prepared for it. The distribution of the exam covered the entire course, so yes there was a question from the very first lecture, which am sure you have seen before . Remember this is your last encounter with 'The Tiger', so you either make it out alive, or get eaten it. Good luck
Haha. Thank. Your post gave me a little more hope . Do you remember if any textbook questions were asked. I'm hearing different things from different people =S
Old 04-06-2011 at 05:06 PM   #9
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
Haha. Thank. Your post gave me a little more hope . Do you remember if any textbook questions were asked. I'm hearing different things from different people =S
Zhorov said there would be very few if any textbook questions, so we should focus on the lecture notes "and the text surrounding them". I wouldn't bother with the textbook, at most there will be 1 or 2 questions from there, and so it will take far too long to go through the text for like 1/40 questions.
Old 04-07-2011 at 10:40 AM   #10
AmyLia

I remember there were questions from the textbook on the midterms.

I know that in previous years it was all lecture stuff but he made mention of this after every midterm this year: the questions that people were arguing about were actually out of the textbook, not his notes because it is expected that you know all the material.

I wouldn't actually go thru and read the txtbook word for word, but it couldn't hurt to read the stuff around the pics he took from the book.
Old 04-07-2011 at 11:52 AM   #11
karna

Quote:
Originally Posted by SciMania View Post

Is that guy mad or what

SciMania likes this.
Old 04-07-2011 at 05:36 PM   #12
REDnation
Account Locked

Liked: 13 Times

Personally, I did buy the textbook. However didn't use it, even though carrying it made appear smart. As for textbook questions, I don't think anything came up that was not mentioned in lecture notes. So just read those 30 lectures or so and we are good to go. Remember whatever doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger.
Old 04-07-2011 at 05:39 PM   #13
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

Anybody wanna be super awesome and share notes, I haven't been to class since the first week and notes would probably be useful for studying...
Old 04-07-2011 at 06:07 PM   #14
SciMania
Elite Member

Liked: 74 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailsnake View Post
Anybody wanna be super awesome and share notes, I haven't been to class since the first week and notes would probably be useful for studying...
does anyone actually make notes? everything you need to know is on the slides, and he only reads off them memorize and you're good!

karna likes this.
Old 04-07-2011 at 11:44 PM   #15
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy

Liked: 543 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailsnake View Post
I would give you my notes but then u were so mean to me and gave me an infraction for cussing out a stupid prospective student after changing his marks ... so yeah .... its called karma

McMaster University, Honours B.Sc. in Biology '13, Minor in Psychology

University of British Columbia, DMD '17, Doctor of Dental Medicine