MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Thursday Night 1280 Line Bypass Sammcmaster Athletics & Recreation 4 10-08-2010 08:01 AM
gmail inserting letter a with a line above it in sent mail Starry Computers & Tech 1 09-06-2010 10:35 AM
Cell phone line Insider First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 09-01-2010 04:06 AM
Pulse line up date? tungo89 General Discussion 2 08-31-2009 03:10 PM
Hsr B-line Express To Leave Mac Chad ARCHIVES 73 02-02-2009 07:09 PM

Black Ops Line Up

Old 11-09-2010 at 12:48 PM   #16
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

My friend is currently skipping school to play.

Desda likes this.
Old 11-09-2010 at 01:45 PM   #17
Juve
Elite Member

Liked: 117 Times

I JUST GOT THE GAME FROM ROGERS , HAHAHAHHA OMG I WAS THE ONLY PERSON THAT GOT IT OUT OF MY FRIENDS LAST ONE left

OK OK

IM GOING CRAZY BRB

PS IM NOT COMING TO SCHOOL TODAY

Desda, doug, KYLB0T, xo.monica like this.
Old 11-09-2010 at 02:14 PM   #18
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

I wonder what's going to happen to this series now that IW is gone. Treyarch has shown (with CoD3) that they can't make a good CoD from scratch but WaW and Black Ops have been solid additions to MW/MW2. Now that IW isn't there to make solid MW games for Treyarch, how many times can MW2 be yearly modded and reskinned before people get bored of it?
Old 11-09-2010 at 04:14 PM   #19
justinsftw
Elite Member

Liked: 342 Times

Imagine if they have this at Lyon's Media Center...

I think if they will have it, they won't be able to keep it, if you know what I mean.
Old 11-09-2010 at 06:42 PM   #20
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

I dislike CoD. The single player is pretty decent though.

Don't really understand why people would line up for a product like that though.
Old 11-09-2010 at 07:02 PM   #21
justinsftw
Elite Member

Line-ups are a result of hype which comes from the bandwagon effect. That's a good percent of why CoD games are still ongoing. It's how they get new players, and why the interest is so high that people cannot wait another day or week to buy the game. It becomes acceptable to do so because others are doing it or wish to, in this situation.

That, and because online gameplay gives people the chance, especially because of rankings and prestige from "pwning n00bz0rz". The game developer, during a Black Ops teaser trailer, even says that it is a good way to get people to play the game. That is why they implemented it, and have improved the online gameplay customization for Black Ops.

The story mode is one aspect of the game. You get through it, and the only credit you have from that is that you survived and you are now prepared to take on more challenges. Then, you start playing online, and there is no AI players that just camp. You get to customize your weapons.

On another note, I do not understand why people are comparing the CoD: MW series with real warfare. People do not heal that easily, and take less bullets to die. Grenades have a higher AoE, and if those bombing planes went through where you are camping, the building is likely to collapse on you. And most importantly, there is no respawn.
Old 11-09-2010 at 08:21 PM   #22
Juve
Elite Member

Liked: 117 Times

:S not as i expected but still a good game .. MW2 is better
Old 11-09-2010 at 10:52 PM   #23
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsftw View Post
Line-ups are a result of hype which comes from the bandwagon effect. That's a good percent of why CoD games are still ongoing. It's how they get new players, and why the interest is so high that people cannot wait another day or week to buy the game. It becomes acceptable to do so because others are doing it or wish to, in this situation.

That, and because online gameplay gives people the chance, especially because of rankings and prestige from "pwning n00bz0rz". The game developer, during a Black Ops teaser trailer, even says that it is a good way to get people to play the game. That is why they implemented it, and have improved the online gameplay customization for Black Ops.

The story mode is one aspect of the game. You get through it, and the only credit you have from that is that you survived and you are now prepared to take on more challenges. Then, you start playing online, and there is no AI players that just camp. You get to customize your weapons.

On another note, I do not understand why people are comparing the CoD: MW series with real warfare. People do not heal that easily, and take less bullets to die. Grenades have a higher AoE, and if those bombing planes went through where you are camping, the building is likely to collapse on you. And most importantly, there is no respawn.
And the point of your post is....

what?

Old 11-09-2010 at 10:52 PM   #24
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juve View Post
:S not as i expected but still a good game .. MW2 is better
hahahhaahahahahahaha

/cod series

Old 11-09-2010 at 10:57 PM   #25
crazyfree
Elite Member

Liked: 284 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juve View Post

crazy people lol

And not a single female was seen that night.

Actually though I love modern warfare 2. And have currently lost my bf to black ops and am kinda jealous I have no time to play.

Old 11-09-2010 at 10:58 PM   #26
justinsftw
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendoon View Post
And the point of your post is....

what?
Iunno. I was just at a bus stop and felt like typing nonsense. lol