MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BMO McMaster SPC Mastercard naval23 Financial Aid 0 07-26-2013 04:00 PM
McMaster Wins The Vanier Cup - First In McMaster History Chad MacInsiders Announcements 10 11-26-2011 02:34 AM
@muss.cis.mcmaster.ca vs @mcmaster.ca KMoney First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 09-13-2010 06:04 PM

BMO McMaster SPC Mastercard

Old 07-26-2013 at 04:09 PM   #1
naval23

Liked: 33 Times

BMO McMaster SPC Mastercard
Any one have any general information about this credit card?

It seems really cool - a normal credit card, with cashback or air miles options, and it acts as an SPC (Student Price Card) that gives you 10-15% discounts at major retailers such as American Eagle, Aeropostale, etc.

And you don't need to buy one year after year!

http://www.bmo.com/home/personal/ban...spc-mastercard
Old 07-26-2013 at 04:22 PM   #2
airvcarmelo

Liked: 42 Times

A credit card really depends on your needs. I got a credit card that gives me extra reward miles and a higher cash back percentage at grocery stores because I usually spend more money on food than anything else.
Old 07-26-2013 at 06:45 PM   #3
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

I have it.. its meh. You can get an SPC online pretty much for free (they give you a coupon worth $10 to use at a particular store..). The rewards are alright, not that great.

Not sure if this is just an advertisement pitch for the mastercard, but anyways, I would suggest getting a CC through RFD or Amazon to get even more discounts (some cards at amazon have a $75 gift card included).
Old 07-26-2013 at 08:37 PM   #4
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy

Liked: 543 Times

I show it to most stores, get my discount and then pay with my rewards credit card. So I get 2 benefits

McMaster University, Honours B.Sc. in Biology '13, Minor in Psychology

University of British Columbia, DMD '17, Doctor of Dental Medicine
Old 07-26-2013 at 09:25 PM   #5
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Liked: 325 Times

I thought those BMO SPC Mastercard salesmen have moved on to harass us on MI too.. Good thing it's not.. I think.
Old 07-26-2013 at 10:29 PM   #6
naval23

Liked: 33 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Étoile View Post
I show it to most stores, get my discount and then pay with my rewards credit card. So I get 2 benefits
I heard you had to use the Mastercard from BMO inorder to get the SPC benefit, unless they don't accept credit, then in that case, you can just show it and pay with something else.

http://www.bmo.com/home/popups/perso...q-students#PAY

Can I pay with cash and show my BMO SPC MasterCard to receive SPC Card discounts?

No. You must use your BMO SPC MasterCard to pay for purchases at participating SPC Card retailers to qualify for the SPC Card discount. Some participating SPC Card restaurants do not accept MasterCard. In those instances, simply show your BMO SPC MasterCard to qualify for the SPC Card discount.
Old 07-26-2013 at 10:56 PM   #7
anon491
Professional Fangirl

Liked: 452 Times

If you already have a student bank account with BMO, they send you a free SPC card each year anyway.

Royal_Glenny likes this.