MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Books Neon14 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 08-30-2014 01:47 PM
Purchase Summer School Books/ Books For Next Year Early! mel89 Academics 0 04-15-2011 01:22 PM
When do we buy books? and where do you get your list of what books to buy? memyselfandi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 11 08-21-2010 08:14 PM

books

Old 01-01-2015 at 09:52 AM   #1
Neon14

Liked: 2 Times

books
Hi, to buy books for second semester, is it recommended that I just go in to the campus store and buy them? I ordered online for first semester and would prefer not to use this method again.

Thanks.
Old 01-01-2015 at 10:22 AM   #2
Neon14

Liked: 2 Times

Never mind, this is a ridiculous question and there are hundreds of other posts in it. Sorry!
Old 01-02-2015 at 11:52 AM   #3
gank

Liked: 1 Time

I would definitely buy textbooks used from other students. Buying books from titles is very costly! Check out the McMaster Used Textbook page on Facebook, and you'll find hundreds of students selling books

lizziepizzie likes this.
Old 01-02-2015 at 06:04 PM   #4
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 526 Times

if u want a physical copy buy used. very rarely the newest is required.

If you want to save cost, try to google your book isbn or find other links for a pdf version. chances are for life sci they are there (especially 1st year)
Old 01-03-2015 at 02:21 PM   #5
mahendv

Liked: 0 Times

yea i would suggest trying to buy used textbooks u save alot, but if your prof wants the newer edition then yea go to the bookstore and buy them.
Old 01-03-2015 at 11:27 PM   #6
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,731 Times

Hi Neon14. It's not a ridiculous question, thanks for posting.

Here's some tips for buying textbooks:
http://www.macinsiders.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18 9
Old 01-07-2015 at 02:29 PM   #7
Aprill

Liked: 0 Times

Check out Amazon!
Old 01-07-2015 at 02:34 PM   #8
2Dream

Liked: 24 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeoku View Post
if u want a physical copy buy used. very rarely the newest is required.

If you want to save cost, try to google your book isbn or find other links for a pdf version. chances are for life sci they are there (especially 1st year)
Listen to Leeoku on this matter OP, as his suggestion will result in the greatest savings for you. If you can't find your books online, check with your classmates as well. I would generally hold out for the first week of classes while trying to find the coursewares in pdf format. Its not like the textbooks are ever needed in the first week.