MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
So I bought the McMaster chenille patch... ZSimon General Discussion 1 04-06-2013 07:03 PM
Should textbooks be bought right now?? Unregistered First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 22 09-07-2012 09:25 AM
Bought books on student card.. how do i pay? xsanx Academics 3 09-20-2009 11:06 PM

Bought a bike from a man who stole it from someone

Old 09-27-2014 at 07:54 PM   #1
ralts40
Account Locked

Liked: 3 Times

Bought a bike from a man who stole it from someone
Hey, I am having a serious problem:
I live on Rez in Brandon Hall
My friend had his bike stolen in the first week of September. Now, i went into kijiji and a seller apparently sold me a bike, which happened to be the stolen bike. I already paid for it, and the seller is nowhere to be found, and my friend wants the bike back, what do I do????

HELP!!
Old 09-27-2014 at 08:26 PM   #2
GeorgeLucas
Elite Member

Liked: 91 Times

Even if you call the cops, you have no case. In case the actual owner is found, the buyer of the stolen goods is required to give in the said goods to the original owner.

Did you tell your friend about the bike? If not, you could probably repaint it with a can of spray paint and be all set.
Old 09-27-2014 at 08:27 PM   #3
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

You be a decent person and return it, and report the person on kijiji and/or to the police. Presumably you ended up actually getting the bike at a physical location from a real human being.
Old 09-27-2014 at 09:41 PM   #4
ralts40
Account Locked

Wow, so I am royally screwed then? I literally paid 150 for it.. And my friend already knows that I bought the bike.. I do have the seller's ad and phone number from kijiji though, and the communication during the sale too..
Old 09-27-2014 at 10:43 PM   #5
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralts40 View Post
Wow, so I am royally screwed then? I literally paid 150 for it.. And my friend already knows that I bought the bike.. I do have the seller's ad and phone number from kijiji though, and the communication during the sale too..
Unfortunately it's a risk you take buying stuff online. But yeah, you really don't have a choice - you can be a decent person and give it back, or make them go through the trouble of involving the police. If you want your money back, then you'd have to report them to Kijiji and/or the police, which is what is recommended on their website if you are the victim of a scam.
Old 09-29-2014 at 11:39 AM   #6
ngloyson

Give back the bike, but never let the person forget you saved his bike. Anytime your friend asks you to do something, just be like i already got your bike back, what else do you want.

Chad, singhs74 like this.