MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Heidi Montag and Britney Spears HeatherH General Discussion 23 08-26-2009 11:40 AM

Britney Spears

Old 11-11-2008 at 02:25 PM   #16
Atethrie

Liked: 1 Time

ooooooooooooooooooooo oooohhh!! *was just explained what a bomt was* see that actually makes sense now. eheheheh..yeaaah...
Old 11-11-2008 at 02:28 PM   #17
Atethrie

Liked: 1 Time

what can i say, lots of visual stimulus : p
Old 11-11-2008 at 07:58 PM   #18
Goce
Elite Member

Liked: 36 Times

This is an interesting thread, it seems we have polar opposites. To those who like Britney I ask what do you see in her songs, is it the beat or do you actually take something from the lyrics (which she may or may not have written herself)? For those that see her as a guilty pleasure and/or that don't listen to her, how do you feel about popular music in general? Do you hate what she stands for or do you dislike mainstream music on a whole?

Personally, I like my music to have meaning. Though all songs have meaning - otherwise they would not be written - some of the songs seem petty to me, such as the one's about sex, being non-conformist, drinking, shooting others, suicide, or boyfriend/girlfriend troubles (usually by boy bands or young pop girls). The songs that are coming out now in the main stream all seem whiney or promote dangerous actions, but I guess these are the eternal "hot topics" that have always been centrefold in any song, though not as explicit.

I feel there should be songs about our culture, but living in Canada I guess consumerism is our culture. What good are songs about national individuals, our environment, or our history when we can just grind up on one another in the club listening to Britney Spears?
Old 11-12-2008 at 12:02 AM   #19
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdudeukno View Post
All You People Want Is More, More, More!!! Leave Her Alone!!!
Bahahahaha.

He's become quite famous these days. I believe he has a site called Ms. Chris Crocker.

Old 11-12-2008 at 07:25 AM   #20
thatdudeukno

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokosas View Post
Bahahahaha.

He's become quite famous these days. I believe he has a site called Ms. Chris Crocker.
LOL. For anybody who missed it:

Last edited by thatdudeukno : 11-12-2008 at 07:30 AM.
Old 11-12-2008 at 02:07 PM   #21
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

After reading this thread last night I went and YouTubed him again and I have to admit, I feel pretty bad for him sometimes. There are some instances where people are very evidently poking a lot of fun at him and he doesn't realize it. Granted... he did kind of ask for it with this video, I dunno, I just feel bad for him. Its like when you're watching a movie and the character does something that you KNOW is going to turn out badly and you're embarrassed for them.

Old 11-12-2008 at 02:31 PM   #22
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 352 Times

Either way, he now has a single that you can download off of itunes ahahahahaha:

Old 11-12-2008 at 02:45 PM   #23
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Oh... my...

I haven't any other words.

Old 11-12-2008 at 06:20 PM   #24
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times

I just stared dumbfounded at my computer. So this is the type of music people produce when inspired by Britney. What is this song even about?!
Old 11-13-2008 at 01:09 PM   #25
ferreinm
Elite Member

AHHH!!!!!! Five new songs were leaked. Ahhhh!!! They're soo good. She sings in a slow song too!!
click the link below to listen to samples of womanizer, circus, out from under, kill the lights, if you seek amy and unusual you!!!!
I cannot wait until circus comes out!!!!!

http://www.ktu.com/cc-common/mediapl...=WKTU-FM&TRACK=
Old 11-24-2008 at 11:11 PM   #26
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

hey Nicole!

I have a surprise for you

Britney's new album "Circus" doesn't come out till Dec 2nd, but you can listen to the whole album for FREE on Imeem (an exclusive) before it's released hehe. I just saw it on Digg.com and figured I'd let you know... not that I'm a fan or anything

http://www.imeem.com/britneyspears/p...ic_playlist /

temara.brown says thanks to Chad for this post.
Old 11-25-2008 at 12:02 PM   #27
ferreinm
Elite Member

Haha!
Thanks Chad!
I knew though, I've been listening to it all week! Her album is amazing, isn't it? I love Circus, out from under and her bonus track phonography. EEEE!! I'm so happy! I love her!
Old 12-04-2008 at 09:22 AM   #28
ferreinm
Elite Member

her concert will be on march 18th and tickets are now on sale
also her new video for circus is gonna air tomorrow on entertainment tonight
Old 01-01-2009 at 11:47 PM   #29
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 352 Times

much respect: