MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What building is this? mms17892 Academics 5 09-13-2010 09:24 AM
Building GS 101 Erika0909 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 01-06-2010 05:30 PM
Building Acronyms jhan523 First Year Success 25 09-06-2009 09:53 AM
Where is building T13? Jess.Wilson First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 08-31-2008 02:38 PM
building the timetable navb Academics 7 06-30-2008 10:39 AM

building/modding guitars and effects

Old 09-19-2010 at 10:36 PM   #16
VastHorizon
Elite Member

Liked: 128 Times

Humbuggies instead? LOL. P-90's can do more rock than humbuckers, IMHO.

The TC is great! If anything else, I'll be switching to something more boutique.
Maybe an Analogman or an Eventide Timefactor. I'm thinking if I should just go the whole
yard and just suck it up and buy a Fulltone Tube Tape Echo.

Maybe someday. I'm looking at downsizing my rig to just three guitars, two amps, two pedals.

A Les Paul, a Strat, and SG with P90's, a 65 Amps Lil Elvis and a Mesa Lonestar Special for amps, and the PC Tim and the Fulltone TTE for pedals.

Last edited by VastHorizon : 09-19-2010 at 10:39 PM.
Old 09-19-2010 at 10:45 PM   #17
jewfro9000

Liked: Liked 19 Times

yeah HSH layout. Mostly so i can do some cool wiring with it.

oh man ive never wanted to buy an amp more than the mesa lonestar special.. best amp ever! so expensive though.. one day!
Old 09-19-2010 at 10:51 PM   #18
VastHorizon
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewfro9000 View Post
yeah HSH layout. Mostly so i can do some cool wiring with it.

oh man ive never wanted to buy an amp more than the mesa lonestar special.. best amp ever! so expensive though.. one day!

I have a Mesa Boogie F-50 and while the clean channel and versatility is AMAZING,
I always sift through my other amps to find a crunch channel that does it for me.

Mesa makes some good stuff.

Do you have all your stuff? Pots, caps, braided wire, switches, etc?

What neck are you going with that build?

You have to let me play that thing!

Last edited by VastHorizon : 09-19-2010 at 10:56 PM.
Old 09-19-2010 at 11:01 PM   #19
jewfro9000

Liked: Liked 19 Times

I have the majority of the stuff, I might invest in a nice cap though instead of a normal film cap just for shits and giggles but other than that i think i just need the pickups. The neck is going to be a one piece maple with a birdseye maple FB (so i guess technically 2 pieces)

yeah once its done you can definitely try it out! I still have a long way to go though.. so far all thats done is the body shaping and the freboard slotting/binding
Old 09-19-2010 at 11:06 PM   #20
VastHorizon
Elite Member

Cool. Go for some paper-in-oil capacitors.
Maple? Ugh... Sorry, but I prefer Rosewood fretboards.

Maple fretboard with binding? That's certainly interesting.