MacInsiders Logo
Old 09-09-2009 at 09:45 AM   #1
noghi

Liked: 2 Times

Bus
So I am living at home in Ancaster and wondering if I need to pay money for the bus or if its free. And does anyone know if there is a direct bus from Ancaster to Mac? and what is the website to find bus routes in Hamilton.... i can't find it.
Old 09-09-2009 at 09:54 AM   #2
Phil

Liked: 27 Times

If you have a a valid sticker and student card the bus is free. I like to use google maps for bus routes. Go to get directions, and click public transit and it will show you the routes
Old 09-09-2009 at 09:56 AM   #3
ingénieur.xo
Elite Member

Liked: 38 Times

The 5C (or it might be 5A... it's 5 something lol) goes from Ancaster all the way directly onto campus.

Old 09-09-2009 at 10:25 AM   #4
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingénieur.xo View Post
The 5C (or it might be 5A... it's 5 something lol) goes from Ancaster all the way directly onto campus.
Yeah, the 5C enters campus.
Old 09-09-2009 at 10:36 AM   #5
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

You would take the 5C going towards Ancaster, and the 5A going towards McMaster. They're the same bus, just going in different directions. This bus will (sometimes) take you into the Meadowlands, or stop at West Hamilton loop, which is just outside of Ancaster. But I'm not sure where in Ancaster you want to go. :0

I believe the 51 University bus goes to West Hamilton loop only, and turns back around.
Old 09-09-2009 at 10:48 AM   #6
ghjkghkghkgh

Liked: 38 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
If you have a a valid sticker and student card the bus is free. I like to use google maps for bus routes. Go to get directions, and click public transit and it will show you the routes
Needs to be a FT sticker, too. Unfortunately, MAPS does not have the same deal with the HSR as does the MSU (mainly because of the numbers of students involved, I'd imagine).
Old 09-09-2009 at 11:29 AM   #7
noghi

what is the valid sticker? should i have it?
Old 09-09-2009 at 11:38 AM   #8
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 470 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by noghi View Post
what is the valid sticker? should i have it?
The valid sticker means one for 2009-2010 and you must be a full-time student. If your sticker has a portion on it that says HSR than you have the right one.

Yes you should have it. The University mails out conformation letters and validation stickers (and student cards for first years) in August.
Old 09-09-2009 at 11:41 AM   #9
noghi

ok thanks.