MacInsiders Logo
Old 11-13-2006 at 10:56 AM   #1
ska2kroq

Liked: 0 Times

Busing
How many people take the bus? Do you take the HSR or the GO Bus?......well I decided to bring this topic up because it suddenly occured to me how much I revolve my whole schedule on what time the bus comes.... Its quite as hassel really....I personally take the go bus because I live in mississauga.....I have an 8:30 class on tuesdays and thursdays.....now to make it to my class on time I have to wake up 6......be out of the house by 7.....to get to the bus stop by 7:30 to make it to mac by 8:10 to get to my class by 8:30......SEE.......i f I'm out of the house 5 minutes later...i would miss the bus......now I know this doesnt apply to many of you beucase you guys probably walk or drive......but to people that take the bus in general...how many of you feel this way????
Old 11-13-2006 at 11:40 AM   #2
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

It takes me an hour to get from my house to Mac on the HSR. And driving to mac takes only 10 minutes.

Quite sad really, but HSR is free with your macid, so I can't complain.
Old 11-13-2006 at 11:52 AM   #3
*Dmc*

Same...
I take the HSR as well and I live in Stoney Creek... so basically if i'm lucky to catch a Beeline it takes 30ish min. from/to Eastgate Square if not, King takes 50min because it practically stops at every stop.....

On top of that, when I have night class, Beeline stops running from mac around 6ish and King a couple hours later, so I need to take any bus to downtown and then switch to King that brings me all the way to eastgate square, and then find a way to get to my house (which is 10min. away from that) because busses don't run at all to Stoney Creek at that time...

It can get pretty frustrating, but I kind of got used to it now...although I still pray for no 8:30 classes!

Old 11-13-2006 at 03:26 PM   #4
Chad
MacInsiders Staff

Luckily there is some sort of thing being passed soon, hopefully, that will make the Beeline Express run all day and night.
Old 11-13-2006 at 03:58 PM   #5
ska2kroq

yeah i read about that......but what also sucks is that Im not able to study at home because theres just too many people and I like staying at mills cuz its nice and quiet...particularly on the 5th floor.......but i cant stay in school late enough because i have to leave before the last bus.....oh boy oh boy
Old 11-13-2006 at 10:45 PM   #6
*Dmc*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Luckily there is some sort of thing being passed soon, hopefully, that will make the Beeline Express run all day and night.
Omg are you serious?? that would be so awesome... I didn't hear about it...

I wish they'd extended the service to stoney creek area as well since it is now part of hamilton...
Old 11-14-2006 at 02:50 PM   #7
Chad
MacInsiders Staff

Its in the latest version of the sil. The article is on the bottom half of the front page on the left. Check it out. It isn't on their website for some reason..
Old 11-14-2006 at 09:03 PM   #8
*Dmc*

read it...
Yeah I read it today... Sounds good... I hope it gets approaved.

They were also thinking of making the Beeline come by every 7.5 instead of 10min rather than making it run all day but I think 2.5 min earlier wouldn't solve the problem as stated in the article.

The article only talks about mcmaster-eastgate route and extending it to a couple more stops into stoney creek though :(
Old 11-14-2006 at 10:34 PM   #9
Chad
MacInsiders Staff

Ya, more frequent wouldn't really help as the bee-line isn't ever full at night when I get it, the problem is more that my buddies have to run to catch the last bee-line before it stops for the night.
Old 11-15-2006 at 06:39 AM   #10
fullsmash26
Reporter, Macleans

Liked: 15 Times

Quote:
Ya, more frequent wouldn't really help as the bee-line isn't ever full at night when I get it, the problem is more that my buddies have to run to catch the last bee-line before it stops for the night.
The 55, 55A, and 58 run right until the end of service. They are actually the last buses in the city to go out of service at the end of the night departing Eastgate at 150am and not ending in the case of the 55 until 222am in the morning on the far side of the city. That bus actually pulls into the garage on the mountain about the same time as the first driver to start the new day is arriving to work.
Old 11-16-2006 at 12:02 AM   #11
Chad
MacInsiders Staff

Ya, but I don't think the 55, 55A, or 58 go where the beeline would end up taking them... (I'm not exactly sure where it goes after it gets downtown since I get off then)
Old 11-17-2006 at 03:14 PM   #12
*Dmc*

Quote:
Ya, but I don't think the 55, 55A, or 58 go where the beeline would end up taking them... (I'm not exactly sure where it goes after it gets downtown since I get off then)
Only 10Beeline and 1King bring you all the way down to eastgate - after that only Beeline brings you in stoney creek.
Old 11-17-2006 at 09:37 PM   #13
fullsmash26
Reporter, Macleans

Liked: 15 Times

Quote:
The Beeline officially becomes either a 55, 55A or 58 when it leaves Stoney Creek and enters Stoney Creek.

In short 55,55A and 58 goes the exact same place.