MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IRC Anything But Clothes Party ferreinm MacInsiders Announcements 2 03-05-2009 08:28 PM

Where to buy engineering clothes

Old 09-25-2010 at 02:45 PM   #1
REPLEKIA/.
Community Engagement Officer

Liked: 447 Times

Where to buy engineering clothes
My father is an chemical engineering grad 30 yrs ago here at MAC, and has rather strongly hinted he wants some clothes with the firebolt on them for Christmas. Quite frankly, the selection in titles is rather poor when it comes to engineering swag. Do any engineers on the forum know where I could get a sweater or something with the firebolt on it? Perhaps a shop in the engineering building or through the engineering society?
Old 09-25-2010 at 02:50 PM   #2
eullwm
Elite Member

Liked: 221 Times

http://mes.mcmaster.ca/services/the_drain.html

Windbreakers and other crap should go on sale later in the term.

REPLEKIA/. says thanks to eullwm for this post.

REPLEKIA/. likes this.
Old 09-25-2010 at 04:10 PM   #3
TheBrickWall
Elite Member

Liked: 46 Times

the better ones usually come out half way through the year
Old 09-25-2010 at 05:29 PM   #4
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,656 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replekia View Post
... with the firebolt ...
Question: wtf is a 'firebolt'. lol
Old 09-25-2010 at 05:55 PM   #5
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
Question: wtf is a 'firebolt'. lol
Uh, only the fastest-flying broom ever made.

Old 09-25-2010 at 09:55 PM   #6
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

Oops, forgot to be helpful.

I think you can get basic black or white Engineering hoodies and t-shirts that say "McMaster Engineering" on the front and with a big Fireball on the back in Titles and/or The Tank.

Leather jackets go on sale this Thursday (the 30th), and you can get customized hoodies and windbreakers later on in the year. They're absurdly overpriced though.

$78 for "McMaster Engineering" versus $69 for "Mac Eng" on a sweater and $5 for a basic Fireball patch, for example. Being able to choose your own colour combination is cool though.
Old 09-25-2010 at 10:07 PM   #7
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 815 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
with a big Fireball on the back
So, no firebolts?

:(
Old 09-26-2010 at 01:07 AM   #8
mike_302
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

As Drain coordinator, I believe I'm the most qualified to help you right now

We've got tonnes of shirts, especially those from recent frosh weeks (past 8 years or so) with the fireball on them. Each frosh week has a different shirt, and I believe I've seen 10 different styles when I was cleaning the DRAIN over the summer. Come out, visit the DRAIN in the BLUE lounge. I've got flasks with the fireball on them, which are high quality. I'm getting some more shot glasses in, of various styles. And there's tonnes of other stuff in the DRAIN.

What your dad wants, if he was ever in Mac Eng, is not in the campus/school book store. It's in the DRAIN. I promise you that.

See you soon! (P.S. Contact me if you're really interested in a certain gift. Alumni are fun to gift.)

See you soon!

Mike
Old 09-26-2010 at 02:11 AM   #9
Boolean

Liked: 169 Times

Silly thread, Engineers don't wear clothes

if(at_first_you_dont_su cceed) break;

fresh prince likes this.