MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Proposal for New MSU Retail Opportunity lorend MacInsiders Announcements 10 01-12-2010 06:51 PM

Where to buy minifridge with freezer? (retail)

Old 08-19-2008 at 06:55 PM   #1
kenvin100
Elite Member

Liked: 21 Times

Where to buy minifridge with freezer? (retail)
See subject

Does anyone know any good places to purchase a fridge with freezer?

Old 08-19-2008 at 07:01 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Try Sears: http://www.sears.ca/gp/node/n/398499...=price&size=12

I don't remember them being so expensive 3 years ago when my brother went to university though. But if you compare it to rental mini-fridges, the cheapest is about 50-80$ more. So if you plan on using a fridge for more than 1 year, you might as well buy one.

kenvin100 says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 08-19-2008 at 07:05 PM   #3
scott000

Liked: 8 Times

Most mini-fridges will just have a very tiny freezer compartment.

For mini-fridges I'd look at Costco, Wal-Mart, Zellers and Canadian Tire for the best deals.

Costco usually has a good one for like $150-$180 with a small freezer (look at their coupons too). We got ours there years ago (when my sis was at school) and it still works great.

And as said above, buying one is a much better idea than renting because the cost is about the same.

Last edited by scott000 : 08-19-2008 at 07:07 PM. Reason: spell check, add update

kenvin100 says thanks to scott000 for this post.
Old 08-19-2008 at 08:22 PM   #4
kenvin100
Elite Member

Liked: 21 Times

ya I looked at Sears a bit earlier but I too am leaning towards costco cause of their amazing return policy..there rly isnt one =P i mean they just dont care as long as you return it within a year..so if there r problems i can just return it no questions asked! The problem is there is no freezer component that Costco supplies :(, or else i'd buy one right now regardless the size and have no fear in returning it lol..

Stores like Sears, Walmart, Zellers are ok, I can just buy one and return it by keepin it sealed but, im concerned if it breaks down lol..I dunno to me Costco is so much better cause im used to their return policies!

Edit: After a bit of research, I realized that Costco fridge I looked up had a small little freezer component..not bad for 199$ eh? I think I'll buy it and check and see if it fits at Brandon lol

Check it out: ---> http://www.costco.ca/Browse/Product....se=&lang=en-CA

Last edited by kenvin100 : 08-19-2008 at 08:41 PM.
Old 08-19-2008 at 11:23 PM   #5
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

It's actually 169$ with the manufacturer's discount.

kenvin100 says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 08-20-2008 at 08:26 AM   #6
snobrdnchik

Liked: 0 Times

I just got a fair size Danby with a small freezer at Walmart for 119.