MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question About Buying Textbooks Desda First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 07-07-2010 06:24 PM
Buying Your Textbooks (new and used) Chad First Year Success 8 08-20-2008 02:16 PM
Buying Textbooks love_saskuran First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 08-14-2008 12:38 AM

buying textbooks

Old 09-11-2010 at 04:17 PM   #16
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

I would recommend buying the books early. You can still return them by... September 25th, I think? You should check the date becasue it changes every year. But DON'T buy the courseware! Courseware is generally very expensive and it CANNOT BE RETURNED. It is final sale. You also cannot sell it back to the school at the end of the class. It is good for the class you bought it for and that class only. In most cases, when courseware is listed as a necessary text, it will be used. But I had an experience once where I bought the $80 courseware in advance, only to find on the first day that the professor told us that "any student who did not purchase the courseware, it is on ELM." It really ticked me off and since then, I neglect to purchase that until after classes begin.
Old 09-12-2010 at 08:17 AM   #17
bloodywarz
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 74 Times

i think the best thing to do is just at the end of class' this week go to your profs and jsut be like "will the textbooks be very useful in this course or are you not going to really be incorperating into the tests and exams" most profs will tell you wether you need it or not so you can get them by the end of next week and you will have a good idea of wether the course needs it really or you can make it without it.