MacInsiders Logo
Old 06-26-2011 at 09:57 PM   #1
feltzbar

Liked: 0 Times

Camelot Towers
I have heard that 1001 camelot towers building has had alot of cockroach problems, does any one know if there is the same problem with their 981 building.
Old 06-26-2011 at 10:29 PM   #2
Dopematic

Liked: 28 Times

If both buildings have the same landlord, I'd assume that they have the same problem. I wouldn't wanna take a chance, especially with something like that.
Old 06-26-2011 at 10:32 PM   #3
pavlov

Liked: 72 Times

I can't answer your question directly, however, that being said I did view an apartment at 981. I was not impressed at all. The building isn't a complete dump, but I would be hesitant to live there. Hence, I feel if it is true that 1001 has bug problem I would not be surprised if that is the case at 981 given the close proximity of the buildings. Given that a 1 bedroom at 981 is about 650/month I would suggest looking elsewhere since you can find quite a few apartments in that price range.
Old 06-26-2011 at 10:35 PM   #4
jamescw1234
The Awkward One

Liked: 467 Times

I was looking for an apartment there, drove in, drove out, decided not to even bother going in because of the state of the exterior. I'm assuming the other building has roaches as well. I know someone who lived there last year, and told me about how some times the water would be shut off for like 12 hours/day, so I'd suggest looking elsewhere.

James CW
McMaster University-Bachelor's of Social Work and Bachelor's of Arts in Sociology (2012)
York University-Masters of Social Work (2014-2015)
Old 06-26-2011 at 10:42 PM   #5
stevenmm

Liked: 17 Times

If the building is not well maintained I'd stay away and look elsewhere there are plenty of other buildings out there.

Remember though many buildings have cockroaches, how big the problem is depends on how the landlord takes care of the building including bug treatment.

I have lived in buildings with cockroaches before and have had none in my apartment. Also if I seen any I'd have my apartment treated right away by the landlord.