MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Spotlight: Faculty of Science Video Series Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 04-21-2010 08:35 AM
McMaster Engineering Launches Registration Tutorial Video Series Chad MacInsiders Announcements 1 06-05-2009 08:28 AM
The Official Cool Video Thread Chad Computers & Tech 18 04-05-2007 11:45 PM
New Video Series Launches! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 23 11-06-2006 12:13 AM
CampusBuzz: Additional video formats added Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 10-24-2006 10:48 AM

CAMPUSBUZZ Video Series - Official Feedback

Old 10-22-2006 at 08:52 PM   #16
ogradyke

Liked: 0 Times

Socs Video
I really enjoyed watching the video (mostly b/c I knew everyone in it, being a 4th year SOCS rep myself). My only recommendations for the future would be:

1) Have a scipt nearby that could be read at each "cut or break" would be good, b/c I thought that there was some key information that was skipped b/c Scott was just "winging it"... don't get me wrong he did a much better job than most people could but things like, wearing a costume for Halloween for hunger or mentioning that SOCS also has intramural teams would have been good and easily thought of to write in que notes.

2) The video kept freezing or "buffering" as it said on the screen and it took me about 1/2 hour to watch the whole thing. My computer is not the greatest but it is not the worst either... if there would be some way to get around that, it would much more appreciated b/c I know that if it weren't for wanting to see what my friends were going to say I would have gotten too frustrated with the pauses and quit watching.

I hope this feedback was helpful... you guys are doing a great thing.
~Kelly O'Grady
Old 10-22-2006 at 11:46 PM   #17
williamhend

I also get the buffer sometimes... it happens about every minute
Old 10-23-2006 at 12:10 AM   #18
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,731 Times

Thanks for the feedback Kelly! We make sure to tell each interviewee that we're coming, and what the date will be when we're in so that they can prepare. Scott wasn't exactly prepared, but it is expected since he didn't have anything to base the interview on since it was our very first one. As you said, he did a great job winging it lol

Now that club execs have seen an interview, they may be able to get some question answers ready for us

As for the video glitches... we'll see what we can do to stop that. Maybe upload it to a few alternative hosts. Right now our video host is quite decent, but I agree that they do have times during the day when they get choppy. It all depends on when you watch it and if their server is busy or not.

We'll try upload it to Youtube and/or Google Video as well.
Old 11-02-2006 at 03:05 PM   #19
Gunner

I can't find the link to the video? Can you give me a direct URL?
Old 11-02-2006 at 06:22 PM   #20
Chad
MacInsiders Staff

Click the NEWS button at the top of the site, and you will see a box on the right that has a WATCH button.
Old 11-05-2006 at 07:41 PM   #21
Gunner

When is the next episode scheduled to be released?
Old 11-05-2006 at 08:24 PM   #22
Chad
MacInsiders Staff

It's being released in about 1 hour.... tonight!!!

This is a LONG episode... it was over 2 HOURS of raw footage I had to edit. Lots of work! We interviewed 3 groups... and each were amazing. So get ready
Old 11-05-2006 at 11:52 PM   #23
Chad
MacInsiders Staff

Issues
We are currently having issues with our video provider (a new one)... and their server is down to host our brand new Flash video player...

But in the meantime, you can access our second CampusBuzz episode by viewing it in 3 parts in Windows Media Player.. just visit the NEWS section and you'll see the 3 files linked on the right side!

Tell us what you think!

We interview: MSU, SRA, and QUARTERS! Plus there is a new section 'Vlad's Movie Minute'

We want your feedback!
Old 11-06-2006 at 10:17 AM   #24
Chad
MacInsiders Staff

Video is now up in our new player. Tell us what you think!
Old 11-07-2006 at 04:11 PM   #25
sarahsweet

Liked: 13 Times

I loved it. Your interview with Quarters was amusing with the guy dressed as a pimp.

Hopefully first years see that Quarters is a great place to hang out!
Old 11-12-2006 at 12:16 AM   #26
Chad
MacInsiders Staff

Ismael, the general manager of Quarters took MacInsiders on an exclusive tour of Quarters. Video to be put up in the MacTV section soon!

Also, coming soon... we interview people about the Chris Jaic issue with him getting fired from The Sil. its all coming this week! Stay tooned!

Launching tonight will be a new special feature, a tour of Quarters by the general manager, Ismael.

Look out for it soon on MacTV!
Old 12-01-2006 at 05:15 PM   #27
sarahsweet

Liked: 13 Times

Great episodes
I loved the CFMU tour it was great! You are really funny Grant!!!
Old 12-01-2006 at 05:27 PM   #28
thejason

You are really good at interviewing Grant, if you guys are at the clubfest next year i'd like to meet you
Old 12-02-2006 at 09:59 PM   #29
paul
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 2 Times

Hey Chad and Grant,
The videos look amazing.
However, I have a 1024/768 resolution, and I'm having trouble seeing the entire screen. Maybe put some scroll bars on that window?
Another thing that would make the videos looks very pofessional is to put in a footer on the bottom of the screen when introducting new people in addition to Grant's introduction like:
Chad - President of MacInsiders.com
just like they do on the news. (note: maybe you do this, but I can't see it because the bottom of the video screen is cut off on my resolution)
It also looks very professional when you shift camera angles as opposed to swing them. You did that a lot in the very first video, and it looked really sweet - almost as if it was done in a studio.

Good job guys!

Paul A

Last edited by paul : 12-02-2006 at 10:05 PM.
Old 12-02-2006 at 10:13 PM   #30
Chad
MacInsiders Staff

Thanks Paul. We do have the subcaptioning names that pop up when the person is introduced. I'm not sure why you don't have a scrollbar, you should!

I'll look into that now, try it again in about 10 minutes

UPDATE: Hmm... all the pages seem to have scrollbars in Firefox. Just checked them all out now.
Try: http://www.undrgrads.com/mactv1.php
And if that doesn't work, try: http://www.undrgrads.com/mactv2.php