MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Whom should I contact if my prerequisite failed? Kayee First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 08-12-2010 10:24 AM
Department Contact Information goodnews.inc MacInsiders Announcements 0 06-20-2010 02:40 PM
need to find contact info gcruz91 Academics 6 12-25-2009 11:42 PM
How to contact the faculty of science by phone? lbqjenny Academics 8 07-04-2009 01:32 AM

Who can I contact at Mac about my TTG?

Old 02-21-2009 at 05:43 PM   #1
HeatherH
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 10 Times

Who can I contact at Mac about my TTG?
I applied for my TTG on September 17th and I still haven't got it. I need it for books this term (one specifically that a term essay is based on). I've checked the OSAP website and it says my status is "File sent to institution for confirmation" (after months of "Being processed by the ministry").

I have been reading around about the TTG (including the thread on this site), and apparently it should be here by now. I called the 1 800 number listed on the OSAP website but they didn't give me any information other than "Check the website for your status".

Does anyone know the department I can contact at McMaster in regards to my TTG? I know calling them and asking them to hurry up isn't going to help - I'm not doing that. I'm worried that something is wrong with my application, because everyone I know got their cheque in November. I am so broke and I need that TTG for books soon.

Thanks for any help!
Old 02-21-2009 at 05:46 PM   #2
Maegs
Elite Member

Liked: 26 Times

I think the people who got theirs were on OSAP - I'm not qualified for OSAP, and I haven't gotten mine yet. I contacted my MPP (Ted McMeekin), and although he acknowledge that there is a problem with the system (he has children in uni/college as well) there wasn't anything he could do right now to fix it.
Old 02-21-2009 at 07:09 PM   #3
HeatherH
Account Disabled by User

About 5 or 6 of my friends, in my program, not on OSAP, got theirs in November. :(
Old 02-21-2009 at 07:30 PM   #4
ryanca

Liked: Liked 2 Times

My best friend and I haven't gotten ours yet either : ( When I checked the status on the OSAP website it said something to the effect; pending review by institution, so it seems as though it might be stuck at mac and they need to sign off that we are full-time students.
Old 02-21-2009 at 07:36 PM   #5
deadpool
X-Man

Liked: 392 Times

[email protected] ter.ca - Vishal Tiwari

or call him on Monday x24017

He'll have the info you need because this is his jurisdiction.
Old 02-21-2009 at 10:55 PM   #6
Woody

Liked: 0 Times

I also think the student financial aid and scholarships office has a lot to do with OSAP, maybe they have some info. I haven't gotten mine either btw :(
Old 02-22-2009 at 11:59 AM   #7
Stan

Mine just completed, they said they will mail a cheque, so assuming the financial office at Mac finally mailed out the list to the govt.
Old 02-22-2009 at 08:13 PM   #8
scott000

Liked: 8 Times

The status of my TTG seems to be the same as Stan's. Heres what it says for me:

Current Status: Institutional Confirmation Received
Your application for a Textbook and Technology Grant has been approved. A cheque will be mailed to you...

So hopefully yours should be mailed soon as well.
In the mean time, contact the people/ offices mentioned above and maybe they will be able to provide an update for you or even hook you up with a loan or bursary or something.

Last edited by scott000 : 02-22-2009 at 08:14 PM. Reason: font change from copy/paste
Old 02-22-2009 at 08:56 PM   #9
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Vishal promoting the TATG in the Diversity Dinosaur suit.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement