MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Happy Holidays! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 3 12-25-2012 11:39 AM
The History Behind the Holidays lorend Misc 1 12-20-2008 08:47 PM
Breaks & Holidays? Logic General Discussion 8 09-08-2008 05:51 AM
School holidays redex General Discussion 4 11-21-2007 12:22 AM

Can I get into my residence during the holidays?

Old 12-25-2013 at 08:18 PM   #1
daftypatty

Liked: 0 Times

Can I get into my residence during the holidays?
I left my health card in my room and I need to go to the hospital
Old 12-25-2013 at 08:23 PM   #2
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

Unfortunately, residences are closed off to students during the holidays, so you can't just go in. You could try calling Security (dial 88) and see if they can help you if it's an emergency.

Without your healthcard, you can still go to the hospital but you'll receive a bill in the mail. You can always explain the situation to the hospital and let them know that you will call in with your health card information when you retrieve it (on the 5th or 6th) and they will then bill OHIP once they have that info. Most receptionists are very understanding when it comes to that stuff and you should be fine.

Your healthcard will not cover any ambulance rides and you will be billed $50, I believe, if you need one to take you to the hospital.

Best of luck and I hope you get better soon.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences