Cancelling Courses Jeremymorocc Academics 5 03-05-2011 10:14 AM
Cancelling Courses squash101 General Discussion 5 11-24-2010 08:12 PM
cancelling courses blue Academics 1 09-20-2008 01:44 PM

Cancelling Courses

Old 01-21-2014 at 06:47 PM   #1
Sats27

Liked: 0 Times

Cancelling Courses
I cancelled a course today, and cancelled a course last term. Is it better to cancel courses knowing you will not do well rather than obtain a low grade?

I was also wondering whether this will have an impact on my future with employers or other schools? I will be taking courses to make up for this in the summer. Also will this effect my GPA in any way?
Old 01-21-2014 at 07:00 PM   #2
Bhaltair
Elite Member

Liked: 158 Times

I have cancelled a couple courses and decided to do it over the summer.

It doesn't affect your employment in any way. I got hired at a Fortune 500 company as soon as I graduated.

It will not affect your GPA unless you cancelled the course after the deadline, you'll receive a grade of F which will dramatically impact your GPA. If you know you won't do well in the course or if it's too much for you to handle, especially when you're working part time to pay tuition, there is nothing wrong dropping a course and doing it over the summer instead.

Good luck!
Old 01-21-2014 at 07:33 PM   #3
science002

Liked: 4 Times

Also, you could have talked to an advisor about this. I know people who have talked to them and have been able to drop a course after the drop/add deadline as they wanted to wait for some time and think. see if you can talk to an advisor and request them for the course to not show as a cancelled course, as it has only been a week yet. good luck
Old 01-22-2014 at 12:16 AM   #4
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

some professional schools care.