MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Does this notebook seem good based on the specs and is it a good price considering camelsrfun Computers & Tech 1 01-20-2013 10:22 PM
Apple iphone 4G 32GB..$299,Canon EOS 5D Mark II Digital SLR Camera..$800 opp000 Clubs & Groups 0 02-13-2011 12:29 AM
Lights, Camera, Watch! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 03-07-2007 05:21 PM

Is Canon EOS Rebel T3 a good camera?

Old 10-24-2013 at 04:12 PM   #1
Chopinetude

Liked: 15 Times

Is Canon EOS Rebel T3 a good camera?
Is Canon EOS Rebel T3 a good entry-level camera? Thanks.

Old 10-24-2013 at 05:54 PM   #2
EmilD

Liked: 8 Times

What are you looking for in terms of an entry-level camera? Is it strictly for photography or do you plan on doing some filming as well?

Chopinetude says thanks to EmilD for this post.
Old 10-24-2013 at 06:06 PM   #3
MrPlinkett
Account Locked

Liked: 199 Times

I usually go with the newegg feedback, can't go wrong.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product... E16830120506

Looks pretty good to me.

Chopinetude says thanks to MrPlinkett for this post.
Old 10-25-2013 at 10:21 AM   #4
Clarty

Liked: 0 Times

Might as well go for the Canon EOS 60D. It's a semi Pro camera that has better specs than the T3. If you can look around right you can get it for around the same price as the T3, maybe cheaper.

Here's a link that does a quick comparison http://digital-cameras.findthebest.c...n-EOS-Rebel-T3
(I've seen the 60D go for as low as 500 used, so don't trust the pricing they give)

Aside from that, the 60D has a better build than the T3. The 60D has a nice solid build that fits nicely into your hand. It feels durable and like it'll last. The T3 is built from plastic which feels cheap. Another big thing is layout; the 60D has dials which allow you to change settings in the fly, which is really useful when you're on a time constraint and need to get a good shot in, whether film or pictures. The T3 doesn't have that, and in order to change settings you have to go through a series of buttons.

That being said, make sure the camera you're looking at is the T3 and not the T3i, as the T3i has different specs, and in my opinion, is better than the T3

Chopinetude says thanks to Clarty for this post.