MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chem 1A03 Tutorials jamiebenyovi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 09-13-2010 08:18 PM
Chem 1E03 book Strongwiller Academics 3 09-19-2009 05:44 PM

Can't attend chem 1e03 tutorials :S

Old 09-14-2010 at 09:45 PM   #1
Ish001

Liked: 26 Times

Can't attend chem 1e03 tutorials :S
Hey guys

Chem tutorials are held from 1430-1520 every day but I have classes during that time each day! What am i supposed to do? I can't even log onto to SOLAR to try to change my timetable >.<

And i really need to attend Chem lectures since it isn't my forte.

Any suggestions? Anyone?
Thanks so much =D
Old 09-14-2010 at 09:57 PM   #2
nila*

Liked: 52 Times

Go see Sally Williams in the Engineering Office on the second floor of JHE. She's the undergrad adviser and can sort you out. Here's her info: http://www.eng.mcmaster.ca/about/peopleassocdean.html

There will be quite a wait to see her I imagine, so you might want to go see her early/when you have time.

Old 09-14-2010 at 09:58 PM   #3
Ish001

Liked: 26 Times

Ouhh thank you soo much =D
Old 09-14-2010 at 10:01 PM   #4
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish001 View Post
Hey guys

Chem tutorials are held from 1430-1520 every day but I have classes during that time each day! What am i supposed to do? I can't even log onto to SOLAR to try to change my timetable >.<

And i really need to attend Chem lectures since it isn't my forte.

Any suggestions? Anyone?
Thanks so much =D
Are the tutorials drop-in style? Like, you go on whichever day you want? Or do you have an assigned section?

If you have an assigned section, then you can try to change a course that conflicts with it to a different section--either on SOLAR or email a prof and ask if you can be moved, and send them your timetable as proof of the conflict.

If it's drop-in style, you can try to contact the instructional assistant/lab coordinator for 1E03 (it's Jeff Landry for 1A03, not sure who it is for 1E03). They used to run 1A03 tutorials like that, in a drop-in style, and if you couldn't go to any of the sections (and there were a couple people who couldn't), then you just had to go to prof office hours or the Thode help centre, and tell them that you couldn't go to any of the tutorial sections due to conflicts. They generally try not to go over tutorial material in office hours or the help centre, because that's what the tutorials (and tutorial TAs) are there for, but if you explain that you can't go to tutorial then they should be willing to answer your questions.

Ish001 says thanks to nerual for this post.