MacInsiders Logo

Can't Get Into Course EVEN NOW!

Old 09-06-2010 at 10:02 PM   #1
resh.jyoti

Liked: 29 Times

Can't Get Into Course EVEN NOW!
Hi guys,
I'm shadowing H Life Sci II right now and I need Life Sci 2D03 because it's a prerequisite course for third-year life science courses, and it's one of only three courses I'm eligible to take in the Undergraduate Calendar (ie. this: I'm only eligible to take the underlined >> 9 units from LIFE SCI 2B03, 2C03, 2D03, 2EE3, 2F03, 2H03) because I don't have Chem 1AA3 (even if I took it, I probably wouldnt pass it). I'm taking the other two courses and I can't get 2D03 on SOLAR, so I emailed the course admin for it and she's not responding.

I thought I could take it in the summer, and an academic advisor had once told me that if a course was offered the previous summer, it is pretty much set in stone it will be offered the next summer. BUT 2D03 WASNT offered last summer, so now I'm kind of panicking. What should I do?

If I do get a seat in the course, I'll drop one of my courses because they directly conflict, but in the meanwhile I can't even go to 2D03 and hope I find it available on SOLAR before the Add/Drop date because I'll be in another class!

What do I do!?

Thanks in advance
Old 09-06-2010 at 10:06 PM   #2
sinthusized
Elite Member

Liked: 98 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by resh.jyoti View Post
Hi guys,
I'm shadowing H Life Sci II right now and I need Life Sci 2D03 because it's a prerequisite course for third-year life science courses, and it's one of only three courses I'm eligible to take in the Undergraduate Calendar (ie. this: I'm only eligible to take the underlined >> 9 units from LIFE SCI 2B03, 2C03, 2D03, 2EE3, 2F03, 2H03) because I don't have Chem 1AA3 (even if I took it, I probably wouldnt pass it). I'm taking the other two courses and I can't get 2D03 on SOLAR, so I emailed the course admin for it and she's not responding.

I thought I could take it in the summer, and an academic advisor had once told me that if a course was offered the previous summer, it is pretty much set in stone it will be offered the next summer. BUT 2D03 WASNT offered last summer, so now I'm kind of panicking. What should I do?

If I do get a seat in the course, I'll drop one of my courses because they directly conflict, but in the meanwhile I can't even go to 2D03 and hope I find it available on SOLAR before the Add/Drop date because I'll be in another class!

What do I do!?

Thanks in advance
you didn't underline Life Sci 2H03... are you sure you can't take that course? I think the only requirement is bio1m03. Maybe you can try signing up for 2H03...

What you should do is keep checking SOLAR and I suppose attend the classes for 2D03 if you can (though you mentioned you have conflicts). People change their mind in the first few weeks of the course
Old 09-06-2010 at 10:09 PM   #3
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by resh.jyoti View Post
Hi guys,

What do I do!?

Thanks in advance
Keep trying, there will be more activity once school starts and people realize they don't want to take the course.

Other than that you can't really do much. If anything you can get into the H Life Sci program by the end of this year and take it next year.
Old 09-06-2010 at 10:11 PM   #4
resh.jyoti

Liked: 29 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinthusized View Post
you didn't underline Life Sci 2H03... are you sure you can't take that course? I think the only requirement is bio1m03. Maybe you can try signing up for 2H03...

What you should do is keep checking SOLAR and I suppose attend the classes for 2D03 if you can (though you mentioned you have conflicts). People change their mind in the first few weeks of the course
OMG Thank you so much! I didnt realize that I could take 2H03... at least now there's a little hope, I'll wait for that one to open up as well.