MacInsiders Logo
Old 12-12-2010 at 03:04 PM   #1
**jewel 03**

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Cedar Falafel Donair
hey just wondering if anyone has gone there,it is right across from school, beside Subway and if so how they liked it. I was thinking of trying it to so I just wanted to get some reviews about the place in terms of the food, price and if they have discounts for Mac students before I try it, thanks!
Old 12-12-2010 at 03:14 PM   #2
Scuderia
RocketSaurus

Liked: 110 Times

It's pretty good to have once in a while. I find that there food is a bit salty, maybe its because of the there special sauce. There rice and falafel combo is definitely worth it.

Also the student discount is a lie. They say that all their prices already include the student discount but its just fake advertising to try and lure students in. It doesn't make any sense then, regular people pay the same price Mac students do, so you really aren't saving anything. I had an argument with the cashier about it.

Besides the pricing, I'd suggest you try it.
Old 12-12-2010 at 03:20 PM   #3
**jewel 03**

thanks for the reply and for the heads about the mac discount! Just wondering how are there prices, like what kind of a price range do they have, only asking because I can't seem to find a menu online...
Old 12-12-2010 at 03:36 PM   #4
danallan

Liked: 27 Times

a meal will run you approx. $10
Old 12-12-2010 at 03:46 PM   #5
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuderia View Post
It's pretty good to have once in a while. I find that there food is a bit salty, maybe its because of the there special sauce. There rice and falafel combo is definitely worth it.

Also the student discount is a lie. They say that all their prices already include the student discount but its just fake advertising to try and lure students in. It doesn't make any sense then, regular people pay the same price Mac students do, so you really aren't saving anything. I had an argument with the cashier about it.
I've never had a problem with the discount, with 3 different people (the girl, the angry looking cook guy, and the longer haired guy). I wait for them to ring it up, show my student card, and the price drops.

But yeah, the food is good. I get the falafel dinner once a week or so. Not the best I've ever had, but good. I find it more filling than Subway next door, for the same or less money (depending on the type of sub you'd get).
Old 12-12-2010 at 04:08 PM   #6
**jewel 03**

reeves what do you usually get/recommend if you don't mind me asking? don't know how true it is but i've heard the discount depends on the food...
Old 12-12-2010 at 04:26 PM   #7
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by **jewel 03** View Post
reeves what do you usually get/recommend if you don't mind me asking? don't know how true it is but i've heard the discount depends on the food...
I almost always get either 2 falafels and a pop or the falafel dinner and a pop, depending on how big my falafel craving is.

**jewel 03** says thanks to reeves for this post.
Old 12-12-2010 at 05:09 PM   #8
BlueMorphan

Liked: 14 Times

you can get just a falafel wrap for less than $5 if you're not super hungry. but i'm a fan of the tabouleh salad - you can get a wrap and side for something like $7

Juve likes this.
Old 12-12-2010 at 05:14 PM   #9
Juve
Elite Member

Liked: 117 Times

that place has GOOD Lebanese food and im not saying that becuaseim just lebanese its actually good a little expensive tho and they make small sandwiches , in lebanon they make it like 2 foot long shwarma
Old 12-12-2010 at 05:15 PM   #10
Juve
Elite Member

Liked: 117 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMorphan View Post
you can get just a falafel wrap for less than $5 if you're not super hungry. but i'm a fan of the tabouleh salad - you can get a wrap and side for something like $7
tabouli is the best !!!!!!!!!
Old 12-12-2010 at 05:20 PM   #11
bcars
Elite Member

Liked: 286 Times

Basilique in Westdale is much better, but they are so sketchy. If you pay cash, they open up this drawer beneath the till and take your cash and don't ring it through the register. They do some shady ass business there...
Old 12-12-2010 at 07:09 PM   #12
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcars View Post
Basilique in Westdale is much better, but they are so sketchy. If you pay cash, they open up this drawer beneath the till and take your cash and don't ring it through the register. They do some shady ass business there...
True. I like Basilique's menu more. I've heard about the sketchy-ness, but haven't been there myself. I just get it delivered, but you should try it too, and see what you like more. I mean having other people's opinions is helpful too, but if really depends on you trying it to actually see if you like it or not.
Old 12-12-2010 at 10:20 PM   #13
maclover

Liked: 55 Times

Cedar's always gives me a discount whenever I buy a falafel or shawarma.. Its just that you don't get a discount on combos because they are already discounted. Also, they are pretty cheap and filling compared to the Subway next to them.
Old 12-12-2010 at 10:53 PM   #14
Carefree

Liked: 25 Times

From my experience, Basilique's Pizza and other items are awesome, but their Shawarma isn't very good. Cedar's Shawarma is much better.
Old 12-13-2010 at 09:03 PM   #15
tigerize8

Liked: 7 Times

:o cedar and basilique are okey.
but there are two other shawarma places that i like better xD
anytime pizza that is on longwood next to the anytime convenience store has a lil dry but relaly nice shawarma and REALLY good pizza!!
and thn there's Sana Grill which is ummm I think its called the west village suites? anyway its across the street from baskin robins and that fitness gym down main; that has REALLLY good shawarma. its not traditionally wrapped but instead is in like a rounder pita and has lots of sauce and its totally my favourite xD but thats like SUPER sketch, the guy has a load of cash sitting in his pocket :\

edit: anytime gives studnet discount and they also give out those cards like 'buy 4 shawarmas and get one free'