MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Daily game Aug 21 : Granny Strikes Back Chad Daily Game 0 08-21-2011 04:10 AM
Massive 8.8-magnitude quake strikes Japan Rakim General Discussion 30 03-12-2011 06:43 AM

The Chadhammer strikes again!

Old 03-03-2013 at 06:18 PM   #61
Freija
Elite Member

Liked: 384 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
I don't think a single person would be able to write an FAQ-- we'd probably need at least someone from each faculty helping out, along with people to answer the general Mac questions. Another issue is trying to phrase "We can't help you, ask your academic advisor" (the answer to about half of the questions we get here) in such a way that doesn't seem too condescending.
Indeed. Someone should probably set up a Google doc and get the ball rolling.
I'll do it when I'm not supposed to be procrastinating for my midterm tomorrow
Old 03-03-2013
andrew22
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 03-03-2013 at 11:16 PM   #62
andrew22
Account Locked

Liked: 238 Times

In chad's defense I've had I think 9 separate infractions, hundreds and hundreds of shitposts, and my Posts to Liked ratio is an atrocity I'm not proud of. Im still here sort of so I guess things arent too strict...sort of -

cause I think something did happen where there was a severe loss of personalities. im not sure exactly when or why it happened. maybe it's just amiss nostalgia, maybe there are too many sub forums, and a chat room doesn't help. I sometimes got the sense the site worked too hard to make things nice for first year students, or parents that might be on the site - going so far as to star-out swear words.

do you guys even still troll healthscience? That was something that really brought us all together.
Old 03-03-2013 at 11:19 PM   #63
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

Sorry about the popups, I didn't notice them until just now as well. Two popunders appeared when visiting this thread. This is completely unacceptable and one of the third-party advertisers we use is doing it without our permission. I have disabled the 3rd-party advertiser that we recently added which may have caused the problem.

If you see another popup, please PM me STRAIGHT AWAY. Take a screenshot, and send me the URL the popup went to so I can track down which advertiser is causing this garbage.

As for the Google Doc, I think that's a fantastic idea. Let me get us started.

CLICK HERE TO VISIT AND ADD TO THE GOOGLE DOC:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Thanks!
Old 03-04-2013 at 09:13 AM   #64
Chris23
Account Locked

Liked: 287 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew22 View Post
In chad's defense I've had I think 9 separate infractions, hundreds and hundreds of shitposts, and my Posts to Liked ratio is an atrocity I'm not proud of. Im still here sort of so I guess things arent too strict...sort of -

cause I think something did happen where there was a severe loss of personalities. im not sure exactly when or why it happened. maybe it's just amiss nostalgia, maybe there are too many sub forums, and a chat room doesn't help. I sometimes got the sense the site worked too hard to make things nice for first year students, or parents that might be on the site - going so far as to star-out swear words.

do you guys even still troll healthscience? That was something that really brought us all together.
Any jab ive taken at any faculty has resulted in an infraction point. That is something i thing needs to be looked at. There is nothing wrong with some fun competition between faculties. And i agree, trolling healthsci, commerce and humanities has always put a smile on my face
Old 03-04-2013 at 11:03 AM   #65
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris23 View Post
Any jab ive taken at any faculty has resulted in an infraction point. That is something i thing needs to be looked at. There is nothing wrong with some fun competition between faculties. And i agree, trolling healthsci, commerce and humanities has always put a smile on my face
Thanks for the feedback Chris. We will allow friendly faculty taunting. So long as no bashing/attacking is directed at a specific individual or user.

Chris23 likes this.
Old 03-04-2013 at 03:55 PM   #66
Zebedee
Resident Artist

Liked: 242 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Thanks for the feedback Chris. We will allow friendly faculty taunting. So long as no bashing/attacking is directed at a specific individual or user.
I'm in Health Sci, and I troll Health Sci.

Chad likes this.
Old 03-04-2013 at 04:03 PM   #67
mohammyt

Liked: 103 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebedee View Post
I'm in Health Sci, and I troll Health Sci.

Chad, Zebedee like this.