MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Python Challenge drhorrible Computers & Tech 5 09-29-2010 09:49 PM
AGFA Healthcare Innovation Challenge Fredder Financial Aid 0 09-04-2010 09:38 PM
Silhouette Stock Challenge! $500 in Prizes!! jeffgreen MacInsiders Announcements 0 01-26-2010 04:47 PM
Commuter Challenge CompassIC Misc 27 06-04-2008 10:31 PM

Challenge of the Day

Old 01-15-2011 at 06:10 PM   #16
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by REPLEKIA/. View Post
I'm excited for tomorrow's challenge now.
Trying to decide if I should make new threads or just hope that the post isn't lost in the fray

Old 01-15-2011 at 08:13 PM   #17
Reda
Elite Member

Liked: 274 Times

Tomatoes sliced with lemon and salt !!! Yum
Old 01-15-2011 at 08:52 PM   #18
AdelaisAer
Legendary Survivor

Liked: 118 Times

Lmfao. Eating onions as you would an apple... I did this many times before; I think I get it from my father. We love onions. And garlic. We put that shit on everything.

Inb4 reference to Frank's Red Hot Sauce commercials
Old 01-15-2011 at 10:39 PM   #19
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

I'll eat a cherry tomato when I get home, but that's gonna be at like 3 am :(

I'm so down for the onion challenge though.
Old 01-15-2011 at 11:43 PM   #20
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
I'll eat a cherry tomato when I get home, but that's gonna be at like 3 am :(

I'm so down for the onion challenge though.
Tomatoes at 3 AM?! That's a new level of horrible DX

This onion challenge should be fun to watch
Old 01-15-2011 at 11:52 PM   #21
Kal El

Liked: 21 Times

You know in 20 years time, you're all going to scramble to hide this and many other sites you frequent from your kids, as they'll cite these moments as permission from history to do all those things that will make you bang your collective heads against a wall...Right?

But hell. Go for it. I'm as guilty as the next omniscient being of screwing around every so often.

In fact hell. I'll offer you a challenge for monday. To turn up in class wearing PJs, Dressing Gowns and drinking nought but the most irish of coffee.
Old 01-15-2011 at 11:54 PM   #22
RyanC
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal El View Post
You know in 20 years time, you're all going to scramble to hide this and many other sites you frequent from your kids, as they'll cite these moments as permission from history to do all those things that will make you bang your collective heads against a wall...Right?

But hell. Go for it. I'm as guilty as the next omniscient being of screwing around every so often.
What?
hi clark

~*Sara*~ likes this.
Old 01-16-2011 at 12:00 AM   #23
Kal El

Quote:
What?
hi clark
The correct phrase is "I beg your pardon?". Or if you're feeling particularly lazy, "Pardon?"

As for the question...It really isn't that hard to grasp. Even for someone studying engineering.
Old 01-16-2011 at 12:01 AM   #24
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

I don't get it either.=/
Old 01-16-2011 at 12:09 AM   #25
Kal El

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
I don't get it either.=/
*sigh*. ok.

One day, a more mature, respectable version of yourself will more than likely have a child that goes through a stage where they'll choose to do every dumb and puerile thing they could possibly think of. You probably, that is to say your future self will not entirely prove of some of the things they do, and at that point will look back, think of the many experiences you exposed yourself to - and try your best to cover your tracks. Now having said this, the age of technology being in full swing, it is more than likely your kids will be able to google your adorable little arse in ways you never even imagined, pull up every single iota of information that ever existed about you, and use it as permission, if you will, to ascend to greater heights. It is, after all, the hope that every child exceeds their parents expectations. Apart from engineers. Most people want their kids to be more than that really, let's face it.
Old 01-16-2011 at 12:16 AM   #26
pavlov

Liked: 72 Times

Quote:
*sigh*. ok.

One day, a more mature, respectable version of yourself will more than likely have a child that goes through a stage where they'll choose to do every dumb and puerile thing they could possibly think of. You probably, that is to say your future self will not entirely prove of some of the things they do, and at that point will look back, think of the many experiences you exposed yourself to - and try your best to cover your tracks. Now having said this, the age of technology being in full swing, it is more than likely your kids will be able to google your adorable little arse in ways you never even imagined, pull up every single iota of information that ever existed about you, and use it as permission, if you will, to ascend to greater heights. It is, after all, the hope that every child exceeds their parents expectations. Apart from engineers. Most people want their kids to be more than that really, let's face it.
So what is it about engineers that twists your panties in a knot?
Old 01-16-2011 at 12:18 AM   #27
RyanC
Elite Member

Quote:
*sigh*. ok.

I don't particularly care what my future 'selves' know about my past 'self'.

The real interesting question is: what do you think of Jor-El''s actions?

xxsumz likes this.
Old 01-16-2011 at 12:30 AM   #28
ikantsepll
J's Prince

Liked: 607 Times

Quote:

In fact hell. I'll offer you a challenge for monday. To turn up in class wearing PJs, Dressing Gowns and drinking nought but the most irish of coffee.
Interesting thought, but do you really think the internet will survive till 2031 with no major/ridiculous changes?
Like maybe one day in the not-so distant future, there will be an evil genius that will wipe out the entire internet just for the lulz!!

From that day, we'll all have a clean slate on the interwebs
Old 01-16-2011 at 12:31 AM   #29
Kal El

Quote:
I don't particularly care what my future 'selves' know about my past 'self'.

The real interesting question is: what do you think of Jor-El''s actions?
Jor-El's action's were that of any concerned citizen, although you'd have to cite context really; the early Jor-El really didn't have a motivation for sending his only son to Earth, and it was only later when a number of reasons for Krypton exploding that Jor-El's motivation varied. Largely though, I would have to say that anyone that the finger shouldn't be pointed at the house of El for merely trying to warn the council for the impending doom of the planet Krypton, but should instead be pointed firmly at the council for ignoring the sound warning that was, in most examples of the comic, backed up by empirical data that the planet was doomed.

So what do I think of Jor-El's actions? Proud. Apart from when they were portrayed by Brando, which I have to say was probably the very worst part of the Donner origin tale.

Kudos for picking up on the name reference though - I wonder, have you figured the other out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikantsepll View Post
Interesting thought, but do you really think the internet will survive till 2031 with no major/ridiculous changes?
Like maybe one day in the not-so distant future, there will be an evil genius that will wipe out the entire internet just for the lulz!!

From that day, we'll all have a clean slate on the interwebs
You mustn't be so fatalist! It's reasonable to assume that short of any major catastrophe or impending date marked down on a certain mayan calendar, the internet will indeed survive in some way, shape or form. Back ups are always made, and as the internet and technology evolves, most data will more than likely be migrated into a new system for historical archival purposes - much like the pathe film reels of the 1940's that used to be played at cinemas. So assuming an evil genius has a way of wiping everything out at once, it's a reasonable chance that unless you're exceptionally paranoid (like me) - something of you, and the way you were will continue to exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavlov View Post
So what is it about engineers that twists your panties in a knot?
They're my flavour of the day. it could be the media and communications sector tomorrow.

Last edited by Kal El : 01-16-2011 at 12:37 AM.

RyanC likes this.
Old 01-16-2011 at 12:38 AM   #30
Krusenik
Elite Member

Liked: 187 Times

tomatoes are great with some sugar. it's nice, cold, juicy and sweet