MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Reinstated! - Question about credits Reno V Academics 3 08-01-2010 07:30 AM
what will be the chance I can come back school hellrise00 Academics 1 06-02-2010 11:43 AM
Chance of Admission microchip General Discussion 29 05-11-2009 07:11 PM
Still have a chance to be Maroon! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 03-19-2007 09:19 PM

Chance of being reinstated?

Old 03-15-2011 at 11:20 AM   #1
john113267

Liked: 0 Times

Chance of being reinstated?
hey so after 1st year of engineering my average was a 2.0.. i applied for reinstatement during the summer but i didn't get in (i didn't have any REAL reasons for doing so poorly).

i am hoping to get reinstated to mac for september 2011 and i will be applying this summer.. but for physical sciences and not engineering again. during the first term of my year off i took 2 courses at ryerson (chang school) and ended up with a A- average and i also worked.. and this term im working and taking 4 athabasca courses and working. by the time i have to apply for reinstatement, however, i only will have final grades for 3/4 courses.

does anyone know what the chances are of me getting reinstated? i know my average in first year was absolute garbage.. i also know that taking more couses at once would have really improved my chances (i couldn't take any more because i did not receive osap, so i did have to pay for the courses myself). I think my average this term will be somewhere between a B and a A. i have spoken to an advisor but im wondering if anyone has been in or knows anyone who has been in a similar situation? is what i'm doing good enough? also, all the courses i am taking are science and math courses and are equivalent to mac courses.

THANKS
Old 03-15-2011 at 12:07 PM   #2
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

No one really knows your chances, you just gotta apply and cross your fingers, some people got reinstated into btech from eng when they got a 2.1 avg.