MacInsiders Logo
Old 12-28-2010 at 04:47 PM   #16
mattatmac
the heartbreak kid

Liked: 71 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy2 View Post
IF the first story was true (which I highly doubt it is).. What a pain in the ass for everyone else. The girlfriend is the only one who should have to deal with the consequences of her cheating. Her parents paid for the wedding, and they won't get that money back. People paid to come to the wedding, bought gifts, wasted their time, etc.

That guy is a bit of a douche.
I think you're looking at this entirely the wrong way. The only person that wasted anyone's time was the wife, as she established this sham of a wedding in the first place, even after she decided she was going to sleep with not one, but two different guys. Let's be honest, if the guy didn't find out she wouldn't have stopped cheating once they were married, she would have kept going as long as she could get away with it.

She wasted her friends time, her family's time, and most of all the guys time.

I hope that her parents made her repay them for the wedding.

lizziepizzie likes this.
Old 12-29-2010 at 02:23 AM   #17
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 256 Times

Quote:
IF the first story was true (which I highly doubt it is).. What a pain in the ass for everyone else. The girlfriend is the only one who should have to deal with the consequences of her cheating. Her parents paid for the wedding, and they won't get that money back. People paid to come to the wedding, bought gifts, wasted their time, etc.

That guy is a bit of a douche.
And again in a story where the girl performs the ultimate betrayal, there are still girls who try to make the dude that got cheated on, the victim, out to be the bad guy. You're just like all those talk shows like Oprah, where there are women who cheat on their husband and then they come on the show in tears and start blaming the husband, claiming he was working too hard and wasn't there for her emotionally or some bullsh*t like that. This attempt at rationalizing cheating, and the fact that so many women watch these shows and actually sympathize with the cheaters is disgusting.

siefer1322 likes this.
Old 12-29-2010 at 02:43 AM   #18
bloodywarz
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 74 Times

even thou what the guy did was extreme i think it was fair, if the girl is stupid enough to cheat on her fiance after dating him for 4 year, with 2 guys and then go straight ahead and marry him she better be prepared for what he could do. Sure it sucks for the parents but honestly if he just broke up the engagement without going to this extent people won't realize what a big deal it really is and the girl just gets off easy, now she can feel the type of pain he must have felt when he found out. She totally deserves it. Hahaha nice way to end the year! (for him atleast)
Old 12-29-2010 at 03:27 AM   #19
mattatmac
the heartbreak kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodywarz View Post
even thou what the guy did was extreme i think it was fair, if the girl is stupid enough to cheat on her fiance after dating him for 4 year, with 2 guys and then go straight ahead and marry him she better be prepared for what he could do. Sure it sucks for the parents but honestly if he just broke up the engagement without going to this extent people won't realize what a big deal it really is and the girl just gets off easy, now she can feel the type of pain he must have felt when he found out. She totally deserves it. Hahaha nice way to end the year! (for him atleast)
The more immediate answer would be to perform this move:

bcars, hamnahx02 like this.
Old 12-29-2010 at 04:01 AM   #20
Boolean

Liked: 169 Times

Why do something so elaborate at a wedding to 'get even'?

Its so much easier and less expensive than that.

if(at_first_you_dont_su cceed) break;

Old 12-29-2010 at 08:28 AM   #21
bloodywarz
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattatmac View Post
The more immediate answer would be to perform this move:

ROFL we wouldn't want another chris brown incident would we
Old 12-29-2010 at 01:37 PM   #22
bcars
Elite Member

Liked: 286 Times

If only I had an equally clever way of getting back at my ex...
Old 12-29-2010 at 02:51 PM   #23
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souldier View Post
And again in a story where the girl performs the ultimate betrayal, there are still girls who try to make the dude that got cheated on, the victim, out to be the bad guy. You're just like all those talk shows like Oprah, where there are women who cheat on their husband and then they come on the show in tears and start blaming the husband, claiming he was working too hard and wasn't there for her emotionally or some bullsh*t like that. This attempt at rationalizing cheating, and the fact that so many women watch these shows and actually sympathize with the cheaters is disgusting.
Wow. That was really.. something. I was actually going to add a final sentence to my first post, something like "That girl is a ***** though, and deserves to be humiliated" but I didn't think someone would actually give a reply like this. Just because I said the guy is a douche, that doesn't mean I think he deserved to be cheated on or that I was trying to justify her cheating. I think you are only reading what you want to read.

The guy in the story is a douche. Whether he deserved to be cheated on/if the girl is a *****/if there is a way to rationalize her cheating, etc., is something completely different and I didn't comment on that at all.
Old 12-29-2010 at 07:36 PM   #24
bloodywarz
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Wow. That was really.. something. I was actually going to add a final sentence to my first post, something like "That girl is a ***** though, and deserves to be humiliated" but I didn't think someone would actually give a reply like this. Just because I said the guy is a douche, that doesn't mean I think he deserved to be cheated on or that I was trying to justify her cheating. I think you are only reading what you want to read.

The guy in the story is a douche. Whether he deserved to be cheated on/if the girl is a *****/if there is a way to rationalize her cheating, etc., is something completely different and I didn't comment on that at all.
i dunno imma have to agree with souldier ob this one, some girls can be really damn twisted and i dun think that guy is a douche. The parents payed for the wedding but honestly they needed to realize how messed up their daughter was and this is probably the best way to show em and besides they got to be pretty rich to pay for the wedding themselves. Sure the parents got humiliated but now they learned better than to trust their daughter.As for the guests who came lol they got to witness something amazing...which is why we all go to wedding in the first place (and food), and im pretty sure they got their gifts back. Sometimes you gotta do some drastic stuff to show somehow much they ****ed up
Old 12-31-2010 at 04:44 AM   #25
mattatmac
the heartbreak kid

Meh, didn't really make this thread with the intention of pointing the finger at one sex or the other. I mean in this case it's obvious that the woman was in the wrong, but i shouldn't have to point out that cheating is ubiquitous among men as well.

I don't honestly think that one sex is more prone to cheating than the other, it's simply a choice that each individual makes to be faithful or not.
Old 12-31-2010 at 12:27 PM   #26
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattatmac View Post
Meh, didn't really make this thread with the intention of pointing the finger at one sex or the other. I mean in this case it's obvious that the woman was in the wrong, but i shouldn't have to point out that cheating is ubiquitous among men as well.

I don't honestly think that one sex is more prone to cheating than the other, it's simply a choice that each individual makes to be faithful or not.
I know magazines aren't the most reliable source of information - but my boyfriend subscribes to Men's Health and I subscribe to Cosmo. Within the last few months, both magazines have had articles on cheating and both said that women cheat more than men, but they get caught less.
A quick Google search brings up "studies" that say the same thing, so I wonder if it's true!
Old 12-31-2010 at 12:42 PM   #27
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 256 Times

Quote:
I know magazines aren't the most reliable source of information - but my boyfriend subscribes to Men's Health and I subscribe to Cosmo. Within the last few months, both magazines have had articles on cheating and both said that women cheat more than men, but they get caught less.
A quick Google search brings up "studies" that say the same thing, so I wonder if it's true!
Of course it's true. And it's not about getting caught, it's that men usually feel guilty about cheating and confess, whereas women don't feel guilty and don't confess.
Old 12-31-2010 at 12:56 PM   #28
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

Quote:
Of course it's true. And it's not about getting caught, it's that men usually feel guilty about cheating and confess, whereas women don't feel guilty and don't confess.
SOULLESS WENCHES

in before i get another warning

Old 12-31-2010 at 01:32 PM   #29
AlienSummer

Liked: 55 Times

Quote:
Is there a study that can back that up, or is it just based on a personal experience?

Most guys I know who have cheated were caught, and even when faced with evidence that they were cheating, continued to deny it. None of them seemed to feel all that guilty.

On the other hand, I feel guilty about absolutely everything, including things I didn't do, so I'd never be able to handle the guilt of cheating and would probably confess before anything even happened. I don't think that has anything to do with my sex though, just my personality.

lizziepizzie likes this.
Old 12-31-2010 at 01:35 PM   #30
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

cool threadsddddddddddddd

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

mattatmac says thanks to lawleypop for this post.