MacInsiders Logo
Old 01-03-2011 at 06:59 PM   #61
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by REPLEKIA/. View Post
on the topic of good genes=attractive: My Bio prof presented to us the theory that we find the absolute average of all phenotypes attractive. That is to say the theory is that the most average person, rather than the top of the spectrum, is the most attractive. There are actually many experiments that involve taking thousands of photographs of faces and having a computer average them out, and the result is oddly beautiful, here is an example of what I am talking about:

tl;dr best genes =/= attractive?
don't forget the bajillions of psychological factors that go into deciding or feeling that someone is attractive

but I would totally agree, I don't want to say that I've dated 'plain' looking or 'average' women, but I definitely find myself attracted to traits that are average or slightly above average, and to contrast, I find little interest in model-types (something that is easier attained as opposed to what most people would believe to be highly improbable, the classic self-esteem 5s marry 5s, 8s marry 8s type deal)

most humans/species obviously take the path to something that requires/seems to require less effort or esteem..

then again if one was in my bed I wouldn't protest; hence - psychological (coated with a mountain of QQ and broken heart self esteem issues, as with most people)

Last edited by Kendoon : 01-03-2011 at 07:03 PM.
Old 01-03-2011 at 07:03 PM   #62
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghloum View Post
The detective was one of the guys having sex with his woman.
THE PLOT THICKENS

sounds like a detective banks novel