MacInsiders Logo

Chem 1A03/1AA3 Textbook Difference (9th VS. 10th edition)

Old 08-24-2011 at 03:07 AM   #1
juxtapose

Liked: 0 Times

Chem 1A03/1AA3 Textbook Difference (9th VS. 10th edition)
I was just wondering what the differences are between the 9th and 10th edition of the CHEM 1A03/1AA3 textbook (General Chemistry: Principles and Modern Applications).

Does anyone know from experience if it is better to have the 10th edition compared to the 9th?
Any advantages to the 10th that I won't have if I buy the 9th?

Thank you so much in advance. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 08-24-2011 at 05:17 AM   #2
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy

Liked: 543 Times

When you buy the 10th its easier to RESELL IT to first years who are picky when it comes to edition. So yeah...

McMaster University, Honours B.Sc. in Biology '13, Minor in Psychology

University of British Columbia, DMD '17, Doctor of Dental Medicine

juxtapose says thanks to L'Étoile for this post.

kaitotst, Pay919, vinny06 like this.
Old 08-24-2011 at 07:35 AM   #3
Faer
Elite Member

Liked: 338 Times

9th edition is cheaper and has nearly everything you need. The professors did go on about how the 'Organic section is different this year', but frankly, I didn't even open the textbook in the second term.

MAKE SURE YOU USE YOUR TEXTBOOKS BEFORE YOU BUY THEM.

juxtapose says thanks to Faer for this post.
Old 08-24-2011
lux
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 08-24-2011 at 12:00 PM   #4
AnanthanK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faer View Post
9th edition is cheaper and has nearly everything you need. The professors did go on about how the 'Organic section is different this year'
How different? Cause my sister said she has the 9th edition and i dont wanna go and buy another textbook that has maybe 1 or 2 extra pages.
Also, for the 9th edition the answers are at the back of the book. Whats in the solution manual then?

Last edited by AnanthanK : 08-24-2011 at 12:41 PM.
Old 08-24-2011 at 01:06 PM   #5
Freak705
Elite Member

Liked: 158 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnanthanK View Post
How different? Cause my sister said she has the 9th edition and i dont wanna go and buy another textbook that has maybe 1 or 2 extra pages.
Also, for the 9th edition the answers are at the back of the book. Whats in the solution manual then?
If I recall correctly, the solution manual has solutions to odd numbered questions, and the textbook has solutions to even numbered questions...

I hate publishers that pull that kind of crap.. It's a clear money-grabbing scheme.

AnanthanK says thanks to Freak705 for this post.
Old 08-24-2011 at 02:19 PM   #6
Faer
Elite Member

Liked: 338 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnanthanK View Post
I'm afraid I have no answer to that. Even though I owned the 9th edition and borrowed my friend's 10th one for chem 1AA3, I didn't really...um, use them. So I really have no idea, sorry!

AnanthanK says thanks to Faer for this post.
Old 08-24-2011 at 06:18 PM   #7
Sunshine1370

I think they are the same.I used an old edition and it worked for me

AnanthanK says thanks to Sunshine1370 for this post.
Old 08-24-2011 at 09:41 PM   #8
gggggg

Liked: 53 Times

i heard the access code is for extra marks, does it mean that i should buy the package from titles since its cheaper?