MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
anyone take chem 1a03 and chem 1aa3 during the summer? macbaby07 Academics 0 05-03-2010 05:47 PM

CHEM 1A03 Tutoring

Old 09-16-2010 at 09:28 PM   #1
Jason036

Liked: 25 Times

CHEM 1A03 Tutoring
Hey everyone,

I'm already having trouble understanding the tutorial questions. I assume it'll get harder from here.

I am looking for a tutor. One that is willing to tutor for 1-2 hours a week.

Willing to pay $20 a hour if you're good.

Please send me an e-mail at [email protected]

Serious inquiries only please.

Thanks.
Old 09-16-2010 at 09:34 PM   #2
kwyhan
Elite Member

Liked: 3 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason036 View Post
Hey everyone,

I'm already having trouble understanding the tutorial questions. I assume it'll get harder from here.

Thanks.
Hey, check your email
Old 09-16-2010 at 09:48 PM   #3
anaC

Liked: 1 Time

I'm in chem 1a03.. and it says on our sheet that a chemistry tutor is available in the basement of the Thode Science and Engineering library ... for free.
Old 09-16-2010 at 10:22 PM   #4
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Yes, there are tutors at the Thode help centre for free, but those can get busy around exam time, you have to share them with other students and they're only there at certain times. It's sufficient help for many students, but if you're really struggling and want more personal/one-on-one help, then getting an actual tutor is probably a better option.
Dr Landry is currently putting together a list of TAs and other people (grad students, I guess?) who want to be put on a tutor list for this course. He can provide you with their contact information (or them with yours, I guess), and then it's up to you to arrange meetings and payment and whatnot. He sent out an email asking who wants to be on it a couple of days ago, so he probably already has some people listed. His office is ABB-121 if you want to ask him about it.

Jason036 says thanks to nerual for this post.
Old 09-16-2010 at 10:34 PM   #5
amyshi

Liked: 19 Times

Yup, and their rates are around 20/h as well.
Old 09-17-2010 at 02:14 PM   #6
jordan19

Liked: 19 Times

Quote:
Hey everyone,

Thanks.
I'll tutor ya for free. I really love Chemistry and wasn't accepted as a TA this year.
PM me if your interested.

Rakim likes this.
Old 09-17-2010 at 03:37 PM   #7
kenneth526
Elite Member

Liked: 41 Times

Quote:
In that case, get a TA who's a graduate student (i.e. from the list Landry posts on avenue). I'm not knocking on undergrads as TAs because there are some really good ones, but I know when I took 1A03 the grad tutors were also tutorial TAs anyway.