MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
anyone take chem 1a03 and chem 1aa3 during the summer? macbaby07 Academics 0 05-03-2010 05:47 PM

Chem 1aa3 Conflict Help Plz

Old 08-14-2011 at 03:06 AM   #1
MacJk

Liked: 7 Times

Chem 1aa3 Conflict Help Plz
Hi. My problem is that I wanted Chem 1AA3 C03 instead of Chem 1AA3 C01 because it suits my timetable better. So, as soon as I saw it was available through Solar, I modified the core number. However, when I clicked 'verify changes and check conflicts', it says 'You have not done any course change activity - there is nothing to Verify. Please make your changes or press EXIT to end your online session.' I then thought that you must drop the course before making such changes, or that the problem was because my lab/ tutorial conflicted with C03. After I dropped C01 and tried adding C03, I see that all the labs are full, including the one I dropped 2 mins ago. The thing here that doesnt make sense is that Chem labs and tutorials go hand in hand so they have the same number. But from what I see right now, wherever that's availability in the tutorials section, it's missing from the labs section. The entire row for it is gone. Anyone have any idea why the labs are gone?

In the meantime, I'll keep trying on Solar to see if somehow the labs open up.
Thanks a lot for your help!
Old 08-14-2011 at 04:03 AM   #2
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

It does that sometimes. The caps for labs and tutorials is probably different. But if that's the reason I would contact someone in the Chem department about it and see if they can manually put you in a section. Contact Eszter Bell and see what she says: [email protected]

MacJk says thanks to ~*Sara*~ for this post.
Old 08-14-2011 at 05:40 AM   #3
MacJk

Thanks Sara for the link
but what do you mean by "the caps" for labs and tutorials?
Old 08-14-2011 at 05:48 AM   #4
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacJk View Post
Thanks Sara for the link
but what do you mean by "the caps" for labs and tutorials?
I'm referring to the maximum amount of people allowed to enrol in a certain section . Besides, you still have plenty of time to figure out before term 2!
Old 08-14-2011 at 09:49 AM   #5
MacJk

that's the only thing im thankful for
how likely do you think that they'll add me to the course? do you know anyone else that had a similar experience? im so anxious...can't wait until Monday when they reply